Car runing wayyy to rich

japSW20

Hey people,I took the car for a spin and when i get on the gas it just bogs down and clouds of black smoke come out.I jump the 2 pins to check for error codes and the computer isnt throwing any codes? But when i drive off of boost it runs fine? :mad:

Bryan C. said:
What is your fuel pressure with the line off?
I have no idea what the pressure is,I think the cars has a aftermarket pump because i could hear it whining loud,How would you go about checking pressure? :confused:

Get your hands on a fuel pressure gauge. Hook it up to the schrader valve by the fuel pump. Turn on the ignition before the starter motor kicks in and read the gauge. Brad

BRAD_PADGETT said:
Correction- The schrader valve is right by the fuel pressure regulator. Brad
thanks,What numbers are normal? and if it is too high what would fix the problem?

japSW20 said:
Hey people,I took the car for a spin and when i get on the gas it just bogs down and clouds of black smoke come out.I jump the 2 pins to check for error codes and the computer isnt throwing any codes? But when i drive off of boost it runs fine? :mad:

Just a thought, but the last time that happened to me, my O2 sensor was going away. Might want to swap in a new one and see if it makes a difference.

WLDWST said:
Just a thought, but the last time that happened to me, my O2 sensor was going away. Might want to swap in a new one and see if it makes a difference.
thanks,I will do that and change my old spark plug wires since i noticed a spark jumping out of it to the up-pipe.Also this happend after i pulled the turbo off to replace the valve covers.

got some time to tinkr with the car,I turned it on and unplugged the o2 sensor and it didnt do anything,and didnt throw a code either???? :confused: