CCW Wheels

Nobody is saying that at all Jeremy, Your just questioning a set up that is already on a car and works with NO Notching, Stock spindles and lowered. I don't get it..

SW.

And like a said in an earlier post, you are limiting yourself with those wheels. My car pushes the limits on every component in the front end but i wanted big brakes, lowered the right way, with awesome hanlding. I dont doubt that it will work but dont mock me in your posts, I've been over this time and time again with many different set ups. I know what works and what doesnt. With a stiff spring, those will work but your not going to be able to take the car much further in the future. XCessives car does look good and I like the set up. I hope yours works as well. The tires are going to be pushed out enough that your done after springs, no more work with camber assisting components. Just a fare warning to you and then I get mocked. I'm done with it now. If you would like to talk more thoroughly, PM me and I'll give you my number.

Guys,

Let's keep this thread friendly and constructive.
If you need to go back and forth taking it to PM is probably a better option.
Press on and I really feel weaksauce for my ProStars now!

It's all about Trial and Error! Hey Jeremy, you mind flying down to Houston and installing my SPC control arms!?!:smile: Just playing man!

It's all about Trial and Error! Hey Jeremy, you mind flying down to Houston and installing my SPC control arms!?!:smile: Just playing man!

I would absolutely love to man! Never really spent any time in Texas! Will you buy my ticket???:)

Saweet! I think I am getting a pretty hefty commission tomorrow so it could be a possibility. Then again I do have 2 one-way ticket vouchers with SWA that need to use by Jan. '10.
BTW, I got the SC&C Stage 2 set-up.
Silver Fox, what is the 5857 billet turbo???

Saweet! I think I am getting a pretty hefty commission tomorrow so it could be a possibility. Then again I do have 2 one-way ticket vouchers with SWA that need to use by Jan. '10.
BTW, I got the SC&C Stage 2 set-up.
Silver Fox, what is the 5857 billet turbo???

Well you let me know, I'd love to come visit for a weekend. You better have your pops come over though! He's a great guy to talk to!

And with the Same exact size as Eric's and the clearence measured on his, there should be No problem.

The point I'm trying to make is that just because it fits on Eric's car, doesnt mean it will fit perfectly on yours too. I measured my car a dozen times, and was told by two dozen people that my combination would work without Any mods to my car. Yet I still shredded the sidewall on a $250. tire before I rolled the fender lips (I thought there was enough clearance) I'm just trying to help you Not do the same.
John

The point I'm trying to make is that just because it fits on Eric's car, doesnt mean it will fit perfectly on yours too. I measured my car a dozen times, and was told by two dozen people that my combination would work without Any mods to my car. Yet I still shredded the sidewall on a $250. tire before I rolled the fender lips (I thought there was enough clearance) I'm just trying to help you Not do the same.
John
I understand everyone is trying to help me out and I want to say thanks! I didn't mean to come off in any way harsh, Just didn't understand the logic for saying it wouldn't work when it already has..

Trust me guy's Eric and I done a lot of figuring before making the purchase and my GOAL was also considered in which Knowbody even asked about! So with my goals in mind and everything else I should be fine.
I will post pictures as soon as my tires get here and I have them mounted.

Just to give you a little of background on the people involved to figure this out here is some history.

Before Eric made the purchase of his rims he confided in the advise of several top road racers in his area. He also worked with the owner of CCW that had built a purpose built SCCA Buick TR back in the day to get the off set ( B/S ) and combo correct. Eric had ran drop spindles for quite some time and was tired of the rubbing so they were tossed. Over the years Eric has went wider and wider with tires slowly inching his way up in width With out rubbing.

Now for me, I live down here in TN with some of the top Pro-touring guy's who have had there cars in SEMA and attend all of the pro-touring events, As a matter of fact one of them is a very close fiend that puts the RTTH event on himself!!. At our RTTH event there are vendors like Detroit speed & Engineering (Kyle & Stacy Tucker), Air-ride Technologies (Brett Vokel), Prodigy customs (Frank Serafine), Twist Machine (Steve C.), Jeff Schwartz, Larry Callahan from (ProTouring.com).. Steve Rupp (Popular Hot rodding magazine).. Just to name a few!! LOL I'm pretty good fiends with these guy's so I have a Wealth of experiance and knowledge at my finger tips when I need it so I really think I will be fine and we will get those rims to fit!! ;) I really do appreciate your concerns and advice! This internet typing crap is Always skewed...

Planed Up grades: So you know my goals.. ;)

I will more than likely be going with a complete Air-Ride Technology set up eventually so at this point the ride height and heavy lowering springs doesn't bother me seeing that's not what I will be doing or using.

I will also be keeping my spindles stock and going with the dual piston caliper from SSBC with there slotted rotors.

I also plan on going with the F-body rear disc brakes providing they do not push my rear mounting surface out. If so, Then I will still use them but get into fabricating it so it does work and keep the Stock geometry..

I plan on installing a Original set of GNX fender flares now that I have the wider tires. The lip and tucking the tire into the wheel well is not an issue with the flares.

That is about it for now, I have interior plans but that is cosmetic..

Here is a link to some really cool autocross pic's from last year Enjoy: Saturday Autocross

Again thanks and i'm sorry if there was any confusion..
SW.

Smooth hoops Scot!

Lot's of "advice" here. I think you have done the right thing by collaberating with someone who has done a little "paving" for you on your wheel goal. At the same time, I will also agree that two cars don't always produce exactly the same result - maybe that's what some of these guys are trying to say.

An example would be my street car project. I have also been collaberating with a buddy on suspension components, wheels/tires, and ride height. While our goals have been pretty much the same, I went about it a little differently than he did and got slightly better results. I managed to tuck a big tire in and sit the car down on it with only a slight roll of the lip while he had to cut his out entirely. My experience has been that none of these cars sit the same on the chassis. While the backspacing of your wheels does sound a little suspect, if it works on the other guy's car it can be made to work on yours as well - especially considering your goals and the addition of the flares.

If you decide to get serious about lowering the car the CORRECT way let me know. We have made a few "discoveries" in the ride height department. I plan to be able to have the big and skinny look with the tires tucked in and sittin' low AND be able to switch out to my 18 inchers and slay the dragon if I want. Good luck!

In case anybody is looking I carry a full line of Rims... We can get just about anything out there at a good price... I have about 4-5 set of wheels picked out that nobody up here has posted that are simply nasty:cool: You guys are going to make me order a set:biggrin:

Like any great chef will tell you there are many components in a good recipe,
I share many of them with Scott there are a couple that I keep to myself but will end up on Scotts car. I orginally had these wheels on a stock suspension set up with less problems that I encoured with the current one. I don't drive on flat roads I live in the hillest part of Ohio. My background is very differce in the automotive and racing fields. I started autocrossing in 1980 with my custom lowered 1977 Regal S/R competing in B SP, I was lucky to have mentors that were multiple National Champions teach me alot about suspensions. I lowered my GN in 1989 and have never looked back, I wish I could take credit for everything on my car's suspension, but with out the assitance of Dan Popp "RAFT" as he is known it probally would have taking me alot longer to get it right. I have the advantage of working with Danny for the past 14 years, its like asking Emeril what spices to use in a dish. Scott's car will be the model to copy for stock components when I am done.
Everybody has there own recipe that works for them. Like a wize man told me "IF we all liked the same women, we have a hell've a mess on our hands"
Turn that frown upside down:smile: :) :D :biggrin:

By the way my car has stock wheels wells that have not been rolled, My biggest problem with the car is staying in the seat when going around the corners. Be carefull when lowering the rear there are some geometry issues that come up with the stock 4 link. I have found that many 87's built after July of 87 had lots of issues from the factory.