CCW Wheels

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
Well the big Brown truck showed up yesterday with my B-Day present.. :biggrin:

Here are some quick pic's. Of course there is more to come after they are mounted...;)

I know you will ask so here are the sizes..

FRONT Rim: 18'' X 9.5" - B/S = 4.75''

REAR Rim: 18" X 10'' - B/S = 4.75''

Tire sizes will be: TOYO Proxes T1R

FRONT - 255 / 35 ZR 18
REAR - 285 / 40 ZR 18

SW.

______________________FRONT_____________________________________________REAR

Attachments

• CCW Wheels 011.jpg
    CCW Wheels 011.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 2,418
  • CCW Wheels 006.jpg
    CCW Wheels 006.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 2,168
  • CCW Wheels 007.jpg
    CCW Wheels 007.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 2,286
  • 1545.jpg
    1545.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 2,078
Congrats.....

And happy belated bday Scot!!! Those are some of my favorite wheels. Kinda like xcessive's ;)

nice rims Scot
i bet they are going to look slick.
if you end up not liking them please send them to me,they would look good on your oil car.LOL

And happy belated bday Scot!!! Those are some of my favorite wheels. Kinda like xcessive's ;)
Thanks Aaron,

They are Kinda like his but he has been of No help to me with these!!

J/K LOL,, ROTFLMAO.......... Just kidding Eric!!

Eric has been a wonderfull help with these wheels & Tires. Maybe I need to wait and see if they fit first?? LOL

SW.

Are you planning on staying at stock ride height? Stock front brakes? Those front are going to give you problems with a lowered car or aftermarket brakes. Not being negative but trying to help. You may want to think of future plans before you mount tires on those.

Are you planning on staying at stock ride height? Stock front brakes? Those front are going to give you problems with a lowered car or aftermarket brakes. Not being negative but trying to help. You may want to think of future plans before you mount tires on those.

JD - My thoughts exactly too.

Scott - Great looking wheels.

Jerremy thanks for the concern, SOOO Are you saying the wheels are too wide? or the tires are too wide?

And Problems with BRAKES? Why would brakes be an issue on a 18" wheel?

Eric (Excessiv) and I have done A LOT of research and planing with these rims. Mostly Eric!! LOL

The plan was to go F-Body REAR brakes and Eric and I are are planing on lowering it with springs only.

The problems people run into with rubbing when going with larger rims is mostly due to drop spindles or after market spindles due to them pushing the front tires OUT and UP!... Both you and (silverfox) have after market spindles correct?

Eric's car has the exact same Rim's, Tires, size as mine and his car is lowered with springs with NO RUBBING! It's working fine on his so I hope for the same..

SW.

Jerremy thanks for the concern,
Eric (Excessiv) and I have done A LOT of research and planing with these rims. Mostly Eric!! LOL

The plan was to go F-Body REAR brakes and Eric and I are are planing on lowering it with springs only.

The problems people run into with rubbing when going with larger rims is mostly due to drop spindles or after market spindles and after market brakes due to them pushing the front tires OUT and UP!...

Eric's car has the exact same Rim's, Tires, size as mine and his car is lowered with springs with NO RUBBING! It's working fine on his so I hope for the same..

SW.

Scott,

I think the 4.75 backspacing may be the key. Although when I was at stock ride height I got rubbing on the inner fender wells (inside of the tire side) with a 245 on an 8.5 inch rim. When I lowered it I got rubbing on the outside of the tire on the top and had to drop back to a 235 (lowered it with springs and SC&C Stage II kit versus dropped spindles). I truly hope this works out for you and I will be watching this thread with great interest. If it does I might be looking for some new rims!

Rob

Scott,

I think the 4.75 backspacing may be the key. Although when I was at stock ride height I got rubbing on the inner fender wells (inside of the tire side) with a 245 on an 8.5 inch rim. When I lowered it I got rubbing on the outside of the tire on the top and had to drop back to a 235 (lowered it with springs and SC&C Stage II kit versus dropped spindles). I truly hope this works out for you and I will be watching this thread with great interest. If it does I might be looking for some new rims!

Rob
Rob,
Don't you have Baer brakes? If so, don't you have to have B-body spindles in order to run them?

The thing that i'm kind of surprised about is people seem to be over looking the fact that this set up is already on the 86' GN of (xcessiv"s) car WITH OUT ISSUES!! He has been voicing his wheel and tire sizes for years and yet people STILL say "it can't be done" Dosen't anyone belive him? yet he drives it from Cinci, OH to TN every year and from OH to Bowling Green every year and even racing it in OH at the BPG this year..

He runs his car pretty hard too! He comes down here for our "RTTH (Run Through The Hills) event and has also ran the "Tail of The Dragon" with GREAT results. So if your wondering if this Wheel and Tire size fits? YES! it's already on someones car, (xcessiv) Eric's 1986 GN.. ;)

SW.

Me driving Eric's car last year...

Attachments

• DSE_09-15-2008_086.jpg
    DSE_09-15-2008_086.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 4,352
Scott,

No B-body spindles for me - Baer modifies G-body spindles to work.

I know it works on Eric's car - just sharing my experience on my car.

I am anxious to see how it works out for you.

How stiffly sprung is the front of Eric's car? The backspacing and a higher spring rate are probably the key to getting no rubbing.

When are you going to get these on? I want to see pics!!!

Rob

Scott,

No B-body spindles for me - Baer modifies G-body spindles to work.

I know it works on Eric's car - just sharing my experience on my car.

I am anxious to see how it works out for you.

How stiffly sprung is the front of Eric's car? The backspacing and a higher spring rate are probably the key to getting no rubbing.

When are you going to get these on? I want to see pics!!!

Rob
Eric's front spring weight is 450lbs. But the the secret is in the Correct front Tire Size, bump stop and the stock spindles..

SW.

I just new I paid to much for that key chain LOL

LOOKS GREAT, cannot wait to see on the White knight:biggrin: