You can type here any text you want

Chamfering bearings

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

buickboy

Chinese crank (has radiused journals VS rolled fillet). Vendor says chamfer bearings so they do not hit the journal radius. Anybody that has a chinese crank have to do this?

Mitch

Yes

Chinese crank (has radiused journals VS rolled fillet). Vendor says chamfer bearings so they do not hit the journal radius. Anybody that has a chinese crank have to do this?

Mitch

Havn't had to on the last 2 I did but early ones,yes. I have a little tool for that but damn if I know what it is called. I little red handled thingy that has a cutter on the end that swivels. Makes the job easy.

It's..

Havn't had to on the last 2 I did but early ones,yes. I have a little tool for that but damn if I know what it is called. I little red handled thingy that has a cutter on the end that swivels. Makes the job easy.

called a deburring tool.
A fixture, resembling the big end of a rod is used. The brg is installed as in a rod, the fixture is then put in a lathe, and the chamfer is cut.

Machine shops usually have a holder that they use to turn the bearing inserts in a lathe with for consistency and accuracy. The swivel de-burring/chamfering tool method is crude.

May be crude

Machine shops usually have a holder that they use to turn the bearing inserts in a lathe with for consistency and accuracy. The swivel de-burring/chamfering tool method is crude.

But it works and is easier on your wallet.

Back