You can type here any text you want

Champion ported intake ... worth it?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HouTX87

I'm really close to making a decision to order a set of champion iron heads. The car runs great as is but the urge for more power has returned. If I go this route would it be worth also upgrading to a champion ported intake with my combo or would the stock intake be fine? I'm also considering a slightly larger flat tappet cam upgrade if the gains would be significant. Next goal would be consistent and reliable low 11's.

I think I would port yours, it takes some time to do but you can get very close if you have the time to do it. I ported my own, went 6.91 at 22psi with a zero boost launch. I came across a deal on a used Champion with no core swap so I went for it and then sold mine for more than the Champion cost me. i just couldnt justify the cost plus a core to buy new one.

Bryan

there is more than an 11.8 in your combo now,but its not going to happen on 24psi on the stock motor,you can go low 11's unopened without spending the $ on heads and intake.i ran 10's on a stock cam stock shortblock mild port stock heads and a smaller turbo than yours

Thanks guys. Good info. It's primarily a street car. Maybe a few passes a year. Sure I could keep cranking the boost up but I'd feel better running low 11's - high 10's at 20 psi rather than 30 psi. Or am fooling myself? I like to run the same tune at the track as I do on the street.

yes you are,20 psi or 30 psi boost is just a number,500 horse is 500 horse could be a v8 at 10 psi or a v6 at 25psi.nothing wrong with turning it up your are stressing it either way.

I did the ported heads and intake from Champion. My intake was dirty so I decided the $300 was worth it for a cleaned up ported manifold. I run 10.60s all day on 24lbs with a stock cam. Best money I have spent :)

I wouldnt touch the cam for low 11s or into the 10s unless you have to.

Back