You can type here any text you want

Changing coolant, hoses and drive belt

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

eagleguy

Hoses which are original and have old style clamps (I will change) seem straight forward to replace. I was going to add standard 5 year fluid after a flush. Car already has a 160 thermo. I see what looks like the tensioner for the drive belt but do not see how it releases. Do I need a special tool to release?

Hoses which are original and have old style clamps (I will change) seem straight forward to replace. I was going to add standard 5 year fluid after a flush. Car already has a 160 thermo. I see what looks like the tensioner for the drive belt but do not see how it releases. Do I need a special tool to release?

In the middle of the tensioner pulley you should see a 18 mm bolt head. I use an 3/8 ratchet and 18 mm socket, just put the socket and ratchet on that bolt head and push down the tensioner will release the pressure on the belt and you can remove it. You will have to hold pressure on the ratchet while you remove the belt, it only takes a second or 2. The bolt does not come out while doing this, so there is nothing to take apart.

Back