Check it out! New hood pads

87we410877

Finally after a very long time and a lot of research and development, I managed to replicate the exact GM logo on factory OEM part # hood pads. The logo is put on with the same methods and materials as GM. It has been heat tested and all. Such a relief i dont have to pay $800 for on on ebay. Mine will be up there also in an effort to make these available at a more reasonable price and stop these people trying to get rich of something that was $100 10 years ago.

Enjoy!! Thanks. Let me know what you think

Attachments

• DSCN2071.JPG
    DSCN2071.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 883
Looks good. PM me your fleabay store addy

Not sure if Charlie is going to like the veiled attempt at being a quasi vendor for free though.
And you can't blame em - this thing cost money to operate.

If you really have a good product, at a decent price - you would be probably the only guy or one of few who has screened insulators.
So - you should seriously consider contacting Shane about becoming a vendor - and do it proper like.
Ebay is fine - but you will get right to your target market here.

The problem you are going to run smack headlong into is GM Licensing. They're gonna cease and desist you into the next century.
By the time you add cost of goods, silk screening cost, handling, labor, profit margin, licensing, vendors fees, and the great killer - shipping - you will find the prices for these things aren't really people "trying to get rich"

And by the way - since when did it become a sin in America to try to become rich?
I missed that memo. Well I didn't but I ignored it for the last 6 years. :(

But nice job just the same!
You need to make one with the "Turbocharged" just slightly askew like the true stockers! :D

Looks good. PM me your fleabay store addy

Not sure if Charlie is going to like the veiled attempt at being a quasi vendor for free though.
And you can't blame em - this thing cost money to operate.

If you really have a good product, at a decent price - you would be probably the only guy or one of few who has screened insulators.
So - you should seriously consider contacting Shane about becoming a vendor - and do it proper like.
Ebay is fine - but you will get right to your target market here.

The problem you are going to run smack headlong into is GM Licensing. They're gonna cease and desist you into the next century.
By the time you add cost of goods, silk screening cost, handling, labor, profit margin, licensing, vendors fees, and the great killer - shipping - you will find the prices for these things aren't really people "trying to get rich"

And by the way - since when did it become a sin in America to try to become rich?
I missed that memo. Well I didn't but I ignored it for the last 6 years. :(

But nice job just the same!
You need to make one with the "Turbocharged" just slightly askew like the true stockers! :D

I'm really making no money on these. Becoming a vendor to pay so people could have new hood insulators is about as interesting as sticking my hand in a wood chipper. hahah. If nothing else, i'll just be that guy with a garage full of hood insulators who throws one in the aforementioned wood chipper once a year and posts the video on line hahaha.

Thanks for the compliment though. And yes your'e right, Crooked Turbocharged and an upside down C and or K haha. Thanks

I'm really making no money on these. Becoming a vendor to pay so people could have new hood insulators is about as interesting as sticking my hand in a wood chipper. hahah. If nothing else, i'll just be that guy with a garage full of hood insulators who throws one in the aforementioned wood chipper once a year and posts the video on line hahaha.

Thanks for the compliment though. And yes your'e right, Crooked Turbocharged and an upside down C and or K haha. Thanks

LOL - aight.

Check out a few of the other threads where guys have come up with creative things (flush mount glass etc)- only to have to hire full time admins to handle all the bitching and complaining associated with trying to help - "the community"
And it really takes alot of work to get off the ground.
Why don't you be smart and go thru Bweavy, Mike licht or someone like that who has the licensing connections and the distribution model.
Take a smaller cut of a bigger pie.

Or - See you on ebay!
Or in the US District Court...Whichever! :D

LOL - aight.

Check out a few of the other threads where guys have come up with creative things (flush mount glass etc)- only to have to hire full time admins to handle all the bitching and complaining associated with trying to help - "the community"
And it really takes alot of work to get off the ground.
Why don't you be smart and go thru Bweavy, Mike licht or someone like that who has the licensing connections and the distribution model.
Take a smaller cut of a bigger pie.

Or - See you on ebay!
Or in the US District Court...Whichever! :D

Umm because i dont know those channels or those people. Thanks for the negativity though.

If someone wants to get in contact with me and take this to the next step where everyone wins, Im in 100%. But me myself paying fees to loose money on something i work hard at? No thank you.

That looks like a nice piece. I would hook up with an existing vendor and let them do all the work for you.:) It is a great product for our cars.
Thanks

I can tell you the same as others. You're welcome to show them off but if you try and sell them on the board then it's a no-no. If you sell them on evilbay post a link in the evilbay section.;) What we had for a long time is sellers (TA Performance, GN collectables, and a few others) were making parts and selling or advertising them without restriction and no $ was going into the coffers to support the board. As they're caught they've been given the choice of paying or leaving. Sadly, TA and others have decided not to pay so they aren't allowed on the board anymore.:(

It's a small fee and worth it !!! I have been paying vendor fees here 3-4 years now and its worth it. Or hook up with another vendor and avoid paying the fee on here.

I can tell you the same as others. You're welcome to show them off but if you try and sell them on the board then it's a no-no. If you sell them on evilbay post a link in the evilbay section.;) What we had for a long time is sellers (TA Performance, GN collectables, and a few others) were making parts and selling or advertising them without restriction and no $ was going into the coffers to support the board. As they're caught they've been given the choice of paying or leaving. Sadly, TA and others have decided not to pay so they aren't allowed on the board anymore.:(

I am going to call around to vendors this week. Maybe they know of a place to get blanks cheeper and if I could make more the price would come down. I don't know who to call any ideas?

Contacted Gbody parts and Scott. Lets see what happens here! I am excited to see these start to get out there!!

Is this a stock GM hood pad that you are printing on or is the pad a non GM made?