You can type here any text you want

Check out my spark pluogs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
Trying to track down an oil burning problem that does not occur and cold start up but does at warm start up and deceleration and warm idle. Mainly high vacuum conditions. One plug which is #6 is grey.

Attachments

• DSC_0168.jpg
    DSC_0168.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 579
  • DSC_0169.jpg
    DSC_0169.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 589
I'll cast my vote for turbo seal.

Mike Barnard

Index them Jesse. This way you can make sure that the plug is firing on top of the piston and not into the head.

Trying to track down an oil burning problem that does not occur and cold start up but does at warm start up and deceleration and warm idle. Mainly high vacuum conditions. One plug which is #6 is grey.

Let me clarify this. It DOES NOT occur at cold start up. I shouldn't be allowed on TB.com after 12 hours of work:rolleyes:

Valve guide seals?

If it were valve guide isues, there would be smoke on start up.

I'm still saying that his turbo blew a seal.

But, enough about his turbo's sex life.:eek::D

(Old Lesley Nelson joke.)

Mike B.

If it were valve guide isues, there would be smoke on start up.

I'm still saying that his turbo blew a seal.

But, enough about his turbo's sex life.:eek::D

(Old Lesley Nelson joke.)

Mike B.

It has been on my experience.... that on cold startup.... you don't see the smoke because there isn't enough heat in the motor..... but once things are nice and hot...... the oil that leaks in the cylinder turns to smoke quickly on a hot re-start....

The longer it idles the more it smokes. If I was burning oil wouldn't there be an indication on the plug? I can rev the engine and hold it-no smoke. As soon as I let off and it returns to idle, it bellows smoke.

im going to agree on turbo seal.

especially if its a stocker,

the carbon seal is probably worn and letting the turban move around and oils getting pass the exhaust seal.

A.j.

The longer it idles the more it smokes. If I was burning oil wouldn't there be an indication on the plug? I can rev the engine and hold it-no smoke. As soon as I let off and it returns to idle, it bellows smoke.

Could be the turbo seal then.....

Have you pulled the DP to take a look?

Could be the turbo seal then.....

Have you pulled the DP to take a look?

No I haven't yet. I'm going to do it today sometime or tomorrow. The car hasn't been ran for about a month. Will a bad exhaust seal still be noticed when I take it off?

Pull the DP and let idle for ~10 mins. Rev the motor and watch for the wetness.

Mine did the same thing.

Those pictures are pretty interesting considering they look exactly like mine do. I pulled the up pipe and found oil in the inner cooler, then checked inside the intake and found oil and finally removed the intake pipe and found..... you guessed it.....oil. I checked the turbo and found the shaft has alot of play. I would say.......... TURBO also.

Back