You can type here any text you want

Check these tires out!!!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jdpolzin

Ijust picked up my new tires today and am now waiting on the wheels. The tires i am going with are Falken Azenis 315/30R18 in the rear and 245/40R18 in the front. I am waiting on the Intro Pentia Rims to come in yet. i went with 18x10's rear with 5.5" backspace and 18x8 's front with 4.5" backspace. The rear tires measure 13 1/4" wide unmounted. They are nice and wide. Once the rims come in, I'll be able to take the car and the wheels in to get the frame notched. I also ordered a set of matching 15x10's with a 5.5" backspace for the 275/50R15 MT drag radials for the strip. I ordered Savitske Classic & Custom AFX package for the front suspension and will be running 13" C5 brakes with Bear rotors up front and F-Body LS1 rear discs with Bear rotors for the rear. I will be running Moog 5658 springs up front and with the whole thing, the front will be 1 7/8" lower. I have BellTech springs in the rear and it dropped roughly 1.5". The car has UMI adjustable upper control arms and UMI tubular lowers. Just got done installing my 3.5" aluminum drive shaft. Here are a couple pictures of the rear tires and a picture of the rims on a 65 Chevelle. Cant wait to put it all together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 65chevellessconv_1_sized.jpg
    65chevellessconv_1_sized.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 285
  • retires.jpg
    retires.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 290
  • retires1.jpg
    retires1.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 277
jdpolzin said:
I also ordered a set of matching 15x10's with a 5.5" backspace for the 275/50R15 MT drag radials for the strip.

F-Body LS1 rear discs with Bear rotors for the rear.

Are you sure a 15in rim will fit over those brakes in the rear? Sounds like one hellava project!

Yep, you have to shave the caliper a little with a file but it can be done!!!!!!!!! It will be nothing but rotor between the wheel. It is definately one helluva project but the payoff will be awesome. Along with the suspension, brakes, wheels project, i am also in the middle of a Stage 2 motor project for it. Cant wait till she;s done but I think it will be a while! -------Jeremy

Back