Class rules for BG Hybrid Street Class.

BillyRValentine

Capricorn
Rules for the Hybrid class are up for review here. They will be going onto the class rules page sometime toward the end of the week if no other changes are made. Thank you for your time.

Jim C.

1- electronic trans-brakes are not allowed.

2- 8-bolt Iron cylinder head castings required. No Stage 2 or aluminum heads.
(I have GN1's)

3- Tire footprint when installed on a rim and mounted on the car can not exceed 10.3" at 10 psig checking pressure.
(I run a 325/50 MT DR)

4- Full factory style interior required. (Seats from other models or aftermarket are OK with the exception of aluminum and fiberglass racing seats).
(I have Kirkey's)

I am not crying to get the rules changed, I am just saying that I don't fit the rules.:( I would have liked to run the class, but it is not a big deal.

Since my car was an orginial V8 "T" I would be good right?

(I have GN1's)

3- Tire footprint when installed on a rim and mounted on the car can not exceed 10.3" at 10 psig checking pressure.
(I run a 325/50 MT DR)

4- Full factory style interior required. (Seats from other models or aftermarket are OK with the exception of aluminum and fiberglass racing seats).
(I have Kirkey's)

I am not crying to get the rules changed, I am just saying that I don't fit the rules.:( I would have liked to run the class, but it is not a big deal.

I don't think you are crying to get the rules changed at all. As a matter of fact I applaud you for pointing out the exact rules that you have issue with. This is the kind of honest feedback I am looking for. These are NOT final by any stretch if there is room for improvement. I need help with them and that is why they are posted.

Jim C.

(I have GN1's)

(I run a 325/50 MT DR)

(I have Kirkey's)

#3 how big are those drag radials ??? :confused: we were goin to them on Melissa's car :cool:

Obviously there are going to be people that will not fit into the class regardless of what is done, but I would like to know what the hybrid group wants to see. I have heard all of the complaints about there not being a hybrid class so now we have one, but I believe there are going to be a few teething pains before everything is finalized. The point of these rules were to keep it as a street oriented class. They are also geared toward keeping someone with endless pockets from building a ringer that pushes every rule to the limit and there-by run the average hybrid builder off. Obviously we can't please everyone but we can try and get the rules on an even keel so that it allows for a wide variety of vehicles that are not track only cars. When I say track only I mean those that are never driven on the street as they only appear to be a street car when they are mainly trailer’ed to the track. I guess the bottom line is that one would need to ask themselves - "Would I drive my car to BG or on a 500 mile round trip"? If the answer is yes then I believe they have a car that this class is aimed at. I realize this is allot of rambling but I hope it lends some insight into what the mindset was when these rules were written.

My first thought was that it should be a heads up street class but then I got a couple of emails from people stating that it should be a bracket class. After working on those rules (To which there were not many.) I got more feedback stating that it should be as was my first vision of what was originally being asked for so back to the original drawing board. I hope this clarifies it some and that we continue to get good feedback. If there are changes that need to be made, please list them and why it would be beneficial to the class and overall participation. Thank you for your time and I look forward to more comments before the end of the week.

Jim C.

Since my car was an orginial V8 "T" I would be good right?

I was afraid of this question coming up and to be honest with you Shane I don't really know how to answer that question. I personally don't have an issue with it but wonder if it would pose a potential problem from other racers. I don't personally take issue with it because it was not originally a Turbo-T but believe that someone most likely would cry foul at one point or the other just because. My opinion on the matter is that it would not be any different than any other G-body transplant. I guess that is one that several of us should discuss more indepth.

Jim C.

PS-I am getting ready to send you a PM. Hey shoot me you number in a PM if you don't mind as I would like to run some things by you anyhow.

#3 how big are those drag radials ??? :confused: we were goin to them on Melissa's car :cool:

B-I-G!!! I have a set on my 70 455 Cutlass and they are 27.9-in tall with an 11.0-in tread width. They will fill up most any factory wheel well and then some. :eek:

Jim C.

i am just triyng to learn

Way is there a tire with rule in every class.
1-the engine is regulated
2-the suspension is regulated
3-the weigh is regulated
4-the color of the car
5-the Trans is regulated
6-the exhaust is regulated

But I just don’t understand why the tire with is also regulated

I was afraid of this question coming up and to be honest with you Shane I don't really know how to answer that question. I personally don't have an issue with it but wonder if it would pose a potential problem from other racers. I don't personally take issue with it because it was not originally a Turbo-T but believe that someone most likely would cry foul at one point or the other just because. My opinion on the matter is that it would not be any different than any other G-body transplant. I guess that is one that several of us should discuss more indepth.

Jim C.

PS-I am getting ready to send you a PM. Hey shoot me you number in a PM if you don't mind as I would like to run some things by you anyhow.

If it would be a problem I understand. I do however have before and after pics and the vin is still to a NA car. To be honest and upfront the chassis is still the orginial TR frame that I started with. Just a thought, becuase it doesn't look like the TSS class is going to work out for us either. Just looking a place to race:cool:

i am just triyng to learn

Way is there a tire with rule in every class.
1-the engine is regulated
2-the suspension is regulated
3-the weigh is regulated
4-the color of the car
5-the Trans is regulated
6-the exhaust is regulated

But I just don’t understand why the tire with is also regulated

Video - Twin Turbo V6 Opel running 7s at the BMP track rental.

Don't get me wrong I love the shidt outta that car and respect the guy for building a VERY fast ride but unless you want to commit heads up racing suicide there has to be regulated items. If the rules need changing please let me know which ones and how it will benefit the class overall. If there is room for improvement then I am all for it as I believe that many minds are much more capable than one.

Jim C.

If it would be a problem I understand. I do however have before and after pics and the vin is still to a NA car. To be honest and upfront the chassis is still the orginial TR frame that I started with. Just a thought, becuase it doesn't look like the TSS class is going to work out for us either. Just looking a place to race:cool:

You know Shane after thinking about it I say build it. My reasoning is this, there are going to be those who whine no matter what one does. As such so long as you can prove that it was not originally a Turbo powered car then it is a Hybrid and as such is eligible as per the rules. This includes V8 powered Turbo T's -

Body

Any mass production model from any manufacture is allowed.

Any Regal entering this class cannot have been originally equipped with a turbo motor.

I would think that about sums it up; no? If we rule one out because of potential perception then we leave the door open for a stampede of bullshidt, whining and complaining over things that shouldn't really matter. That's not what this class is going to be about. No BIG money prizes, just some guys and gals racing their cars for fun like it used to be. (Thanks Grump!!!) :biggrin:

Jim C.

I was just saying we are trying the BIG tires on Melissa's .. NOT my Mazda :p keep the input coming guys :cool: :biggrin:

Video - Twin Turbo V6 Opel running 7s at the BMP track rental.

Don't get me wrong I love the shidt outta that car and respect the guy for building a VERY fast ride but unless you want to commit heads up racing suicide there has to be regulated items. If the rules need changing please let me know which ones and how it will benefit the class overall. If there is room for improvement then I am all for it as I believe that many minds are much more capable than one.

Jim C.

i do understand your point and agree with it
but my question is just about the tires.
witch most people can afford.

I was just saying we are trying the BIG tires on Melissa's .. NOT my Mazda :p

I figured as much. I don't know if you could get them on a regal without having to notch the framerails. Call Jack-O if you get the chance he may have tried it already. I know on my Cutlass they are packed in there on a 10-in Pro-Star. :D

Jim C.

PS-Have you gotten them on there yet?

Craptacular, another class I can't race in. Why do good ideas get turned into regulated, obese visions of what they should be.

Reading those rules makes it look like they were built around someones car. Manual T-brake but no electronic ones. A/A intercoolers but no liquid ones. Working wipers? Stock unwelded intakes? 70mm turbo (and that antiquated 3 bolt design)? No stage blocks or TA blocks? What about nitrous? Tire limitations - why? Let the Opel and my car run, build something faster if you want to win.

I'm thinking I'll just stick to Indy from here on out.

I figured as much. I don't know if you could get them on a regal without having to notch the framerails. Call Jack-O if you get the chance he may have tried it already. I know on my Cutlass they are packed in there on a 10-in Pro-Star. :D

Jim C.

PS-Have you gotten them on there yet?

ya she is doin a frame notch :eek: hopefully next week !!! have the tires and rims here I am borrowing till we make sure the 5.5 backspace is what we want :cool: