Clicking sound coming from under car?

Boosted6

Hey all, Anyone think of anything under the car that would have an odd clicking sound when i am driving. if i am in neutral quiet.... if i am on the gas intermittant clicking (not a tick IMO more of a click) like a some light metal rapping against other metal. I went under the car and discovered the 3" tailpipe was close enough to the gastank, moved it, new exhaust hanger, retightened the D/P and Cat Converter (checked the heatshied on it and all is well) I thought i fixed it, took the car for a ride all was well, 20 min later once the car heated up same thing!! :mad: Back to the drawing board, put the car on the lift and cant locate anything that was rotating mass with any marks like it was binding. I removed the I/C shroud (V4) and put rubber tubing on the inside of where it wraps around the Sway Bar.... again was quiet til it warmed up :mad: this noise is driving me WILD! if i had to compare the noise its like somthing is hitting a fan blade (audible click if you were in the car or 2 cars away from me) go faster in the RPM Range and it goes away. Cruise lightly feathering the pedal makes the noise when it wants to, but as soon as i let off then it stops.

Motor Mounts are good, Strap is tight. DP isnt hitting the Frame, i am at whits end, I dont believe this to be an underhood sound, more under the car. I will say it happened shortly after i had the trans rebuilt. (but cant guarantee thats when it started only noticed a few weeks later) but its the only thing under my car that changed.

any help is GREATLY appreciated

Cracked header. (maybe) Sounds a lot more like metal on metal than an exhaust leak.

Mine ticked most at idle when hot. Never when it was cold. It was most noticeable when in a drive-thru pickin' up burgers for da kids (echoing off the curb).

I know it doesn't seem like a possible cause, but it's worth checking into. And it's very common.

check the crank sensor. It gets loose first and then will break. I makes a noise similar to what you are hearing. If it breaks, it will strand you. good luck
Mitch

Mine does it and I think it's my center caps (AR Wheels)...Metal cap...weird cuz they aren't loose, but I think they flex enought to click.

I found the problem with my clicking noise, i thought it was the cam sensor but it was the motor mount of the driverside it was hitting metal to metal:D check that and see if that your problem

Huh? Im not the only one with the click?

My Ttype does the same thing. I stopped looking for it. It clicks at idle, in gear or not in drivethru's and at stoplights. When pulling away, it gets faster then goes away, I think. Im thinking its something to do with my trans. I am going to check that crank sensor though. Good point.