Commitment List for Noble - October 16th 2010

I've been working on mine in 100 plus degrees for the last few weeks Russ. Get a few fans and drink lots of water. It may not be comfortable but I am getting the car put back together at least.

Russ and Charlie: We need you both at Noble and I hope the weather cools down so it's more comfortable for you to work on your cars.

Phil Engle

Russ and Charlie: We need you both at Noble and I hope the weather cools down so it's more comfortable for you to work on your cars.

Phil Engle

Don't worry Phil, I will be there. I'd run the car like it is if need be. Heck it ran a 12.24 @112 last year - 2.06 60 ft because it broke loose at the light. What sucked was that somehow I was qualified with an 11.46 instead of a 12.34.

Phil Engle

Doing the best I can right now Phil. I want to be there to be able to beat some ferds and set a new drawthrough record at the same time.:biggrin: We'll see what happens though. Not doing any side work for the last 3 weeks has just about killed my budget right now.:frown:

ill be there this year. had to miss 09 which was the first time after about 8 years in a row of attendance due to a honeymoon getting in the way. of course, i took the GN out today for the first time in a couple months and on my drive the tranny started shifting funny. it was up shifting way too fast and wouldnt downshift up hills. weird. started in the last mile of my cruise. if its busted, ill be there in my G8 GT. atleast ill have something there to beat a ford :)

Brian: Glad you're coming back this year. 2009 was a great win for us and we hope to repeat it.

Phil Engle

Don't look good for me, I was hoping to make it this year (once again, hoping). But this year has sucked for me. I sold my 84 gn to be able to pay off some bills and work on my 87, but after I sold it my Grandmother died and we had to take unexpected trip to Alabama, then month later my Grandma died and we just got back from road trip to NY for her funeral. That on top of my wife getting hit by moron driver in April, totaling our suburban and wife is still going through therapy from injuries, and we havent got a dime from their insurance yet (they don't want to pay anything until my wife gets out of therapy). All that money from my 84 plus some is gone paying for unexpected year. Unless we get settlement soon, I'm looking at next year once again.

Hottrawd: I'm sure sorry to hear about the problems you have had. We understand family always comes first and we hope and pray that your wife has a full recovery and that she receives a more than fair settlement.

Look forward to you being here next year.

Phil Engle

can any local guys remind me what fuel is at the track? i want to say it was sunoco 110 in past years but i dont recall. also, anyone know the price? want to make sure i bring enough cash with me :)

I'll be going to the track in the next couple of weeks and I'll see what fuel they have available and at what price.

Phil Engle

I'm out Phil.:frown: My fridge just died last night so vacation money is going to it now.:mad: I'll still be trying to get the car ready just in case I can make some extra cash doing side work but it was a mess cleaning the fridge mess up today.:mad:

You may also want to give some locations of the 4-5 e 85 stations we have around town.

I don't use E85 so I'm not familiar with their locations. If you do know their locations, please go ahead and post them here.

Thanks.

Phil Engle

I'm out Phil.:frown: My fridge just died last night so vacation money is going to it now.:mad: I'll still be trying to get the car ready just in case I can make some extra cash doing side work but it was a mess cleaning the fridge mess up today.:mad:

I'll leave you on the list. My bet is that you'll be here.

Phil Engle

Phil, does anyone sell 93 octane around OKC or Norman?

I have mine all ripped to pieces in the garage right now, but the heads should be on by this weekend and up and running next week. I'm gonna try to get it tuned for KILL MODE on pump gas and alky :D:D:D

I'll leave you on the list. My bet is that you'll be here.

Phil Engle

Good call Phil.:biggrin: My boss is giving me a fridge to replace the toasted one but I still have a long way to go with her. Looks like I'll be working like a devil to get her back together again.:eek::biggrin:

Good call Phil.:biggrin: My boss is giving me a fridge to replace the toasted one but I still have a long way to go with her. Looks like I'll be working like a devil to get her back together again.:eek::biggrin:

How much you talking about here (to get it together)?

Phil, does anyone sell 93 octane around OKC or Norman?

I have mine all ripped to pieces in the garage right now, but the heads should be on by this weekend and up and running next week. I'm gonna try to get it tuned for KILL MODE on pump gas and alky :D:D:D

N.E 23rd and Douglas has a Sinclair that sells 93 octane and 110 race fuel I believe they close at 5 p.m. Mon-Fri and close earlier on Saturdays.