concealment carry

GOT JCE

RIP Ruka Jean
I am looking for a gun that would be good for an ankle holster. I have a Glock 30 and need something lighter and a bit smaller for my back up. Any suggestions? A 380 maybe or a small 9mm would probably be a good bet.I am not really not into revolvers but hey, a 357 snub would fit nice on my leg.Also I have been looking into some small gun safes. How are the safes with the fingerprint recognition feature on them? Thanks,AJ

Ruger makes a new 380, the name escapes me right now but it's really nice and practical as a carry weapon.

Ruger 380 LCP GunBroker.com guns: Ruger 380 LCP New IN STOCK (item: 102559447 ends: Jun-22-08 01:30:34 PM)

pix7517859.jpg

I'm a firm believer in comfort over caliber for a CCW gun, plus a large gun makes my pants fall down, lol.

A great gun for the money is a Taurus .45. Very accurate, very cheap, compact. Why buy a gun that's going to make someone bleed to death? Get something that's going to knock the crap out of them. You've heard the saying about getting killed by a dead man...

I have this: G163060-Smith & Wesson Model 340 Revolver 357 Magnum

The bullets weigh more then the gun! It is basically titanium and weightless. It's a 357 mag or 38 and would stop anyone or thing. The 38 bullet is just shorter then the 357 but fits in the same cylinder.

I was never a revolver fan till I looked at this. I have the hammerless version like the one shown and never get hung up while drawing it.

The Judge

This is a very effective short range weapon. Good in just about every situation from personal defense to a snake charmer. The new short, ultra light model is my personal preference.

Taurus International Manufacturing Inc

Attachments

• DSC01830.jpg
    DSC01830.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 263
That Taurus looks nice, but that crazy coot in the Vid.... Two .410 rounds in a short barrel gun... fired INSIDE his vehicle, with NO ear protection:eek: :eek:

What.... Huh... Can't hear you sonny.:p

My hammerless 380 fits anywhere. But I have to agree with needing more knock down power.

Mikey

I have a taurus PT-140 Millineum Pro that is pretty awesome. It fit my hand way better than the glock 27. It is accurate enough to stop the threat out to 25 yards or better.

I was a Transit Cop,worked mostly alone on the Subway and always carried two guns , In NYC for 5 years and ive seen a few ankle holsters " Fly off" while running . I never liked them plus going down to your ankel is an unussual move that may not be so steathy .............i am a BIG proponent of the pocket holster. I used to car a Seecamp 32. although the dept regs really dont allow ,and a pocket holster it was great like carrying a wallet in your front pocket . Id recomend one of the Light weight S&W hammerless revolvers and find a nice holster for that or A Small Khar 9 which ive seen really nice pocket holsters ...............for your purposes what could be better some one tries to Jack you you going in your pocket to give them what they want ie Wallet /money and end up getting what they dont want Blasted . that and you can wear shorts . :D heres one for the revolver i mentioned S&W/Taurus/Rossi Pocket/Wallet Holster another for the Kahr Kahr Arms Pocket/Wallet Holster also bought one of the Print safes and it works well can be a pain if you place your finger in the wrong place on it but works good

I carry a S&W Model 60 .357 revolver...5 shot...think the barrel in only 2.5" long...very easy to conceal...I can put it in my jeans pocket and you can't tell it's there...

Carry

Looks like I will be calling my buddies up at Tactical Arms in Torrington CT about renting the Smith and Wesson 340 for an hour and put some rounds thru it.I spend almost as much money there as I do buying parts for my GN!!! I will also try out the smaller glocks as well. I would prefer a semi auto over a revolver but I will try a few of them out.Thanks for all the responses.

I should also clarify my Glock 27 choice was made because it accepts mags from my Glock 22 full framed duty weapon. This was a big factor, as well. Renting a gun for a few hours is an excellent idea. :cool: