You can type here any text you want

Control Arm Bolts - Where to buy?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rob86gn

I had to cut the bolts off the lower control arms on the front drivers side. They were seized in there and I was installing new springs & shocks & bushings.

Where can I buy the correct bolts for the lower control arms? I tried a metric that was close but it's not tight enough since I'm hearing movement - clunking...

bolts

You can contact aftermarket companies that carry control arms. UMI had a bolt kit. Gbody parts, Hartline performance, BMR fabrication, etc.

GM still sells the bolts for the control arms but not for the nuts. The part number for the bolts for the rear is 11502603. The part number for one of the fronts is 11500952. There are two of each number for the front (different size bolt) and only one part number for the rear. They are a little different from convensional bolts in that they have a shoulder on them. They are a little pricy from GM though.

I replaced my upper control arm bolts with grade 8 bolts and locking nuts from ACE hardware. You should be able to do the same for the lower. Home Depot may have them also.

GM still sells the bolts for the control arms but not for the nuts. The part number for the bolts for the rear is 11502603. The part number for one of the fronts is 11500952. There are two of each number for the front (different size bolt) and only one part number for the rear. They are a little different from convensional bolts in that they have a shoulder on them. They are a little pricy from GM though.

The nuts are GM #11516073.

I prefer the OEM parts only because they are plated in black phosphate. No way I'd use off the shelf yellow zinc'd hardware. After the plating strips off they start to rust. It does make a difference in the strength of the bolt too.

The nuts are GM #11516073.

I prefer the OEM parts only because they are plated in black phosphate. No way I'd use off the shelf yellow zinc'd hardware. After the plating strips off they start to rust. It does make a difference in the strength of the bolt too.

+2

Did this on the upper controlarm bolts.
No regrets.

Back