You can type here any text you want

Could I use a Driver side valve cover on the passenger side?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I am going to eliminate the tube from the inlet bell to the passenger side valve cover and I don't want to use the small breather that plugs into the OE location because of the oil mess it causes.

And with two driver side valve covers I could use two driver side valve cover breathers.

I am going to eliminate the tube from the inlet bell to the passenger side valve cover and I don't want to use the small breather that plugs into the OE location because of the oil mess it causes.

And with two driver side valve covers I could use two driver side valve cover breathers.

You can...

K.

Why won't it? I had driver's side valve-covers on both sides of my '86 daily driver back in the late '90's... It worked for me... :confused:

K.

are you 100% positive you did that?? I know i tried this already and it wouldn't fit..

are you 100% positive you did that?? I know i tried this already and it wouldn't fit..

NCTURBOS said:
You might want to test fit the cover first, checking what you'll have for breather clearance, ie. short, tall, etc...

Yes... 100% sure. The problem with fitment is that it puts the oil fill/breather hole right at the a/c heater box, making it hard to make a breather fit. You'll have to use your imagination to come up with a solution... :biggrin:

K.

Yes... 100% sure. The problem with fitment is that it puts the oil fill/breather hole right at the a/c heater box, making it hard to make a breather fit. You'll have to use your imagination to come up with a solution... :biggrin:

K.

use a passenger side valve cover from a 84/85 car------it doesn't have either hole------i've done it and it works great-------and they are cheap too...........RC

For a street driver, my opinion and experience shows it is best to leave the stock set up with the pass side breather in the turbo inlet. The low pressure of the turbo inlet is an "evacuation pump" for the engine.:)

Most engine oil leaking problems are from too much internal pressure when under boost, and this line helps relieve pressure.

Also, the breathers themselves are a source of oil leaks from blowing oil out at high RPM.

But the gradual build up of oil residue in the IC system will cause a loss of heat rejection effc over time though and the FMIC are a pain to pull and clean

But the gradual build up of oil residue in the IC system will cause a loss of heat rejection effc over time though and the FMIC are a pain to pull and clean

This is the reason I want to do this. I found allot of oil in the inlet bell.

I figured id try the OE set up after my stubby breather went MIA during the transplant and remembering the mess of oil in that area.

BTW this is going in the chevelle SO I don't have the "HVAC in the way" problem.

Thanks guys.
David

use a passenger side valve cover from a 84/85 car

+2! I've been running this combo on my 86 GN for what seems like 20 years now. I had a problem with oil pouring out through the little breather on the aftermarket kits when I used the car for autocrossing.

For those of us not running the LC2 in a Chevelle the reason the LH valve cover doesn't fit to well on the RH side is that it is beveled on the back to clear the factory HVAC box. You can file away some of the fins to make it fit but it's still a PITA to remove with the engine installed.

Back