Craig/Lance-eDist on a small block Ford?

NoSlix

Craig or Lance,

What do I need to use an eDist on my T76 blown Ford small block? Of course the eDist. But would I want the universal? And what coil packs could I use? Ls1 or 4V Cobra? Or will the Cobra coils only work with the Ford edis box and 36-1 trigger wheel? Will the cam sensor/oil pump drive from a edis equipped 5.0 explorer work with the eDist? Of course, since a 2 step is necessary, I guess I'll have to purchase a DIS-4, too. Anything else? Thanks.

You will need to put an aftermarket crank trigger on the engine to work with the eDist. This also means that your ECU must be configured for a crank trigger ignition system. I don't know what you have right now but if it needs to be changed it's cheap.

If you need the DIS-4 because of the 2-step, you can't use the LS1 coils. They have their own drivers bult in to them and are not compatible with the DIS-4. I'd use the Cobra coils.

Thanks, Craig. I do have an IPU box with a crank trigger. You told me what I needed about the coils. I'll pick up a set of Cobra ones. Do you know if the Ford Cam sensor/oil pump drive for the edis vehicles will work?