Daily abused GNX spotted

amen to that

i own collectable sports memorbilia. won't ever wear my signed autographed framed jerseys, or other crap i've accumilated and i have TONS of it. but i do beat my GN up just not daily. don't mind turning a wrench every once in awhile but if i wanted a daily driver i have my truck or my motorcycle. gotta see my turbo gauge bounce every once in awhile.

If you want sometiing collectible to keep in the house, buy a Babe Ruth rookie card. Cars are meant to be driven!

Well, with your logic, it's just an old baseball card and you should stick it in the spokes of your bike. :rolleyes: Just sayin'

since it is so abused i would take the thing apart and butcher it.And every part that is gnx i would sell to all you purists.I know its limited number bla bla bla bla etc,but it is already in rough shape so restoring it and trying to find parts cost 10x especially when you purist hold extra parts and want millions for them.I know whwere there is a gnx in my home town and everyone walks right past it or calls it a gn ,not one of them gives to ****s its a gnx.I can park my light blue turbo t and gn 35 feet away and people look at that, but the gnx they have no clue what it is.My gn has tons of chrome parts and thingts that make it pop and the t it's blue so people ask why is it blue.I like the gn and gnx etc, but i think the guys that own gnx are to high and mighty on themselves because they own a gnx.So just because it is a gnx it should get special attention....unless someone that is a true gn/gnx buff that x at the end means NOTHING....

More power to the daily driven GNX!! :wink::eek::biggrin::cool::smile:

If a GNx, and GNx has any miles on it at all, it may as well have 50K miles... 50K mile GNx still go at a premium!! so drive it, if it gets scratched, fix it. A car you can't drive isn't a car at all, its a 16' long porcelain doll...I dont play w/ dolls.....anymore.

i would never own a car that i wouldn't let sit in any parking lot.. someday, after i win the lottery, i will have a series of desirable cars that will be driven wherever i want to go with them.
they are just cars-if damaged they can be fixed. if stolen, they can be replaced.

Really? Sure 'bout that? I could give you a WHOLE LIST of cars that, even if you have 90 zeros in your bank accoun, you couldn't find again. Ever.
So you're telling me that you wouldn't own a car that you could just carelessly abuse, and/or neglect? If you couldn't drive a factory hemi cuda convertible in the rain, and do donuts every once and a while, or let sit in a parking lot, you simply wouldn't own one? That's absurd. I doubt that.

SOME cars are meant to 'be driven', some are not. That's why the word COLLECTIBLE, or LIMITED EDITION even EXISTS. It's because they're COLLECTORS cars. NOT DAILY DRIVERS.
Daily drivers include mustangs, cavaliers, ford aerostars. Collectible cars include ORIGINAL AC cobras, hemi cudas, charger daytonas, GNX's, ZL1 cars etc etc. They're LIMITED for a REASON. NOone goes and buys a mint barracuda to go and use as a grocery getter.... That's just freakin stupid.

I'm sure that you know about a fellow named Jay Lenno . He drives every thing in his colection . It's one of the best of the younger collectors .
He also modifies anything that needs it . I agree that you can keep a classic
and it's value and not sacrifice the fun of ownership . you can't cut up the fenders but you can add A/C or power sterring . There some cars that are so rare that they belong in a museum , but most of us will never see them let alone own one . So if you use this board you should enjoy your cars as much as you can . and lots of luck . thanks Bobby .

More power to the daily driven GNX!! :wink::eek::biggrin::cool::smile:

I grew up in that area and am amazed that this car has not been stolen.
G-bodies are popular with the thieves, especially GN's. And they're so easy to steal.
If this car is parked at Rooselvelt Field mall on a regular basis, it's just a matter of time.

Regardless, I'd love to have a beater GNX as a daily driver... :cool:

I grew up in that area and am amazed that this car has not been stolen.
G-bodies are popular with the thieves, especially GN's. And they're so easy to steal.
If this car is parked at Rooselvelt Field mall on a regular basis, it's just a matter of time.

Regardless, I'd love to have a beater GNX as a daily driver... :cool:

Steadfast collar guard, layers of anti-theft, and a current appraisal are a must for any G Body owner! I hope the daily driven GNX has some if not all of those measures. Some of us own or have owned cars that were too nice to drive- never again for me! Car owns you and you can become too paranoid and stressed to really enjoy it. I want to own the car and not be the car's personal caretaker. Low miles only means you are helping the next owner out (when you sell) and lack of driving and use can cause other internal issues too with rubber seal deteriation, etc. Definitely not trying to stir the pot, only my personal observations being in this hobby for 30+ years. :redface: The rat rod concept starts to look better and better to me every day! :cool:

To steal the car...

They put a 15 year old in your face with a .38 who will ask you "Isn't this my car? Get out!"

You can put alarms on it, collars on it, and even heavy shoe it so they can't drive away with it aside from jacking it up onto a car trailer... but the day you drive it they will put a minor in your face to steal it that way.

You hope the kid doesn't want to be in their gang so badly that he shoots you as well. :eek:

They put a 15 year old in your face with a .38 who will ask you "Isn't this my car? Get out!"

You can put alarms on it, collars on it, and even heavy shoe it so they can't drive away with it aside from jacking it up onto a car trailer... but the day you drive it they will put a minor in your face to steal it that way.

You hope the kid doesn't want to be in their gang so badly that he shoots you as well. :eek:
Ha come to detroit !!! They dont even ask you to get out they just walk up and start shooting..

If im at the street races in my car i ride with a friend in the car and i usually ride with three or more other cars in a group...

Plus go where you other car buddies hang out and if its 4 am and im in a rough part of town drivin home etc i dont stop at redlights if theres noone there....:eek:

I know a guy that was in a gas station pumping gas and a 13 year old tried to carjack him... He pulled the gas nozzle out and sprayed the kid in the face with gas :eek::eek::biggrin::biggrin:

the kid then ran away shooting blindly and managed to shoot out one of his tires!!!:eek: Another thing that works really well is limo tint people that car jack usually watch you for about 10 seconds to catch you not payin attention if you windows are black and they cant see..you may be watchin them with your 357 on your lap!!! So they will find someone easier to get unless they REALLY REALLY want your car...

Ha come to detroit !!! They dont even ask you to get out they just walk up and start shooting..

If im at the street races in my car i ride with a friend in the car and i usually ride with three or more other cars in a group...

Plus go where you other car buddies hang out and if its 4 am and im in a rough part of town drivin home etc i dont stop at redlights if theres noone there....:eek:

I know a guy that was in a gas station pumping gas and a 13 year old tried to carjack him... He pulled the gas nozzle out and sprayed the kid in the face with gas :eek::eek::biggrin::biggrin:

the kid then ran away shooting blindly and managed to shoot out one of his tires!!!:eek: Another thing that works really well is limo tint people that car jack usually watch you for about 10 seconds to catch you not payin attention if you windows are black and they cant see..you may be watchin them with your 357 on your lap!!! So they will find someone easier to get unless they REALLY REALLY want your car...
Exactly! That is one of the reasons I have windows that match the car. And minor or not, a thug heads my way with intent to harm me, all bets are off. If I can find a way to get the hell out, I definitely will. But if I'm cornered up and my life is threatened, the thug will get a well deserved dose of high velocity lead poisoning courtesy of the business end of whichever hand canon I am carrying at the moment.

My Sig will do it every time. It's going to be a bad day for someone trying to do something stupid to my pride and joy. Though I rarely driver her anyways lol.

LI've seen the gnx in person for year's and couldn't believe my eyes its abused dented paint shot dirty just plain hammered. But if I van say this is a perfect car for a restoration since it has been devalued. Already it already has lost its ananmity and now it can be a mint driver if it ever gets there. I think I would love to have driver gnx not afraid to drive and loose its value IMO that car has already lost its value and will always be worth xxxxx amount it will never be a low mile garage queen. I think I would love to have that thing or that gnx clone that Guy built all the looks and the glory..