Dave's Turbo-T Restoration Trend

Stunning job. My brother lives in pontiac really considering getting my car painted. What are the prices?
Thanks. Prices can very in price depending on the condition of the car. Strip and paints are right around $9K which includes a lot of extras in the price. Then of corse you would have door seals and unforseen stuff that could show up after It's striped to bare metal. It's hard to give a good estimate without seeing the car or at least some pictures. The bad thing about pictures are that they really don't show everything in great detail. A lot of shops that do the same quality work that I do charge in the area of $12K to 15K due to the fact that you never know what your going to find and it takes a lot longer then expected to do the job. It seems like a lot of money to spend but by the time you add up the cost of supplies and around 200 plus man hours you really don't make a ton of money at the price I charge. At this time when I finish this car I'm going to take a much need break from doing overall's until August before taking on another one. So if your interested then, just let me know.

All parts are complete, I had to redo the hood i wasn't happy with it in the sun. Now it's time to cut and buff some parts and then time for final installation of all the body parts and misc stuff over the next few week before it goes home May 15th.
DSC_2784.JPG
DSC_2783.JPG
DSC_2785.JPG
DSC_2778.JPG
DSC_2780.JPG
DSC_2781.JPG
DSC_2782.JPG

Looking great man! I really like the material you are using. Compared to a lot of other black paint jobs I have had done, you really know how to make it flat and look like glass! That really takes talent.;)

Looking great man! I really like the material you are using. Compared to a lot of other black paint jobs I have had done, you really know how to make it flat and look like glass! That really takes talent.;)
And that's not even wet sanded and buffed yet! The car is about 80% put back together, i still have some stuff to do over the next few weeks. I'm pretty happy with it overall, The only thing that gave me a hard time was the hood, It flew up and hit the windshield, i did everything i could do to get it to where it is now, it's a pain in the ass when it becomes like a oil can when you try to block it out. It's ok but not perfect. Maybe Dave will get a fiberglass hood or a better one, and i can paint that one for him at a special price, I can't help but feel bad it's not perfect. Look forward to getting your car next!

Thanks. Prices can very in price depending on the condition of the car. Strip and paints are right around $9K which includes a lot of extras in the price. Then of corse you would have door seals and unforseen stuff that could show up after It's striped to bare metal. It's hard to give a good estimate without seeing the car or at least some pictures. The bad thing about pictures are that they really don't show everything in great detail. A lot of shops that do the same quality work that I do charge in the area of $12K to 15K due to the fact that you never know what your going to find and it takes a lot longer then expected to do the job. It seems like a lot of money to spend but by the time you add up the cost of supplies and around 200 plus man hours you really don't make a ton of money at the price I charge. At this time when I finish this car I'm going to take a much need break from doing overall's until August before taking on another one. So if your interested then, just let me know.

Wow that's a lot of cash, wish my car was a low mileage car there would be some meat on the bone if I was to part with it. But in my situation I would lose 10 grand if I had to part. the work u do is absolutely stunning thou.

Wow that's a lot of cash, wish my car was a low mileage car there would be some meat on the bone if I was to part with it. But in my situation I would lose 10 grand if I had to part. the work u do is absolutely stunning thou.
Thanks, I 100% understand. That's a lot of money to shell out for a paint job, but you get what you pay for. If it's just a sand and paint it would be alot cheaper. Take care and hit me up if things change.

Thanks, I 100% understand. That's a lot of money to shell out for a paint job, but you get what you pay for. If it's just a sand and paint it would be alot cheaper. Take care and hit me up if things change.

One last question, when you install the windows doors and t top seals does everything close and still seal like factory?
I have a t top car.

One last question, when you install the windows doors and t top seals does everything close and still seal like factory?
I have a t top car.
This one is a hard top. but yes if you use OEM seals they will fit like factory. I can't be 100% confident that after market seals will do the same. They will cost you double the price but well worth it peroid in the long run. I have used both and there is no comparison between the two. OEM is the only way to go for sure.
And with personal experience, if your on a budget, please don't try to save money on the seals. You don't want water getting into your car, not to mention air leaks. Bar none it's the best money you can spend to go with OEM stuff when possible.
And most of the after market stuff is just a bandade fix the the orignal OEM stuff out there. Of corse there is some stuff that will work just fine with some modification. Sometimes you have no choice because our cars are getting so old and OEM stuff is starting to be hard to find. Good luck

Still will get the trunk trim installed and the hood one also. I wanted to finish the final polish before installing them. Other then that your car is complete. I will detail the inside and cover it for delivery. Look forward to seeing you on the 17th.

Still will get the trunk trim installed and the hood one also. I wanted to finish the final polish before installing them. Other then that your car is complete. I will detail the inside and cover it for delivery. Look forward to seeing you on the 17th.

Awesome. Thanks for cleaning up the interior too! Don't forget the T logos on the fenders :) Looking forward to making the trip. I think we'll shoot to be there a little after 6pm on Sat the 19th and can check into the hotel first if ya need a some time after work.

Awesome. Thanks for cleaning up the interior too! Don't forget the T logos on the fenders :) Looking forward to making the trip. I think we'll shoot to be there a little after 6pm on Sat the 19th and can check into the hotel first if ya need a some time after work.
Took measurements from mine and will install them tomorrow, just ran out of time Tuesday before i could put them on. See u Saturday. I won't be home until after 6:30pm