You can type here any text you want

Does anyone know who many "Light metallic Blue" 1986 T-types were produced???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
kay and I own an 86 T-Type WE4 that previously belonged to the late Roy West, we have owned this one for at least 3 months and I have to admit there is no other shade of blue that pops with a WE4 package.

Hi Fred,

Iam going to pay you a visit when I get home in the fall to install the posi unit we dicussed over the phone a year ago. I didnt get a chance when I was home because of other obligations which had priority over the Buick. However, this time the Buick is first on the list of "things to do":biggrin: .

Boy, that car still looks as good as when i owned it back in the day. It is truly a unique car. What happened to the GNX look a likes that were on the car? I believe the N.Ridgeville owner had bought some for it. I had some 15" ones on it when i owned it, it looked killer along with the blackout pkg. I tried to track this car down for awhile. Glad its been going to good homes:D. Car is a strong runner, it was mainly stock when i owned her. Just a few fuel upgrades. I went to the track once with it and it was running 12.5-12.6 with that peg leg and flaring trans shifts :eek: Man i really miss her!!! Too cool that it has popped up. Now i can bug you every day to sell her till you give in :D JK

Boy, that car still looks as good as when i owned it back in the day. It is truly a unique car. What happened to the GNX look a likes that were on the car? I believe the N.Ridgeville owner had bought some for it. I had some 15" ones on it when i owned it, it looked killer along with the blackout pkg. I tried to track this car down for awhile. Glad its been going to good homes:D. Car is a strong runner, it was mainly stock when i owned her. Just a few fuel upgrades. I went to the track once with it and it was running 12.5-12.6 with that peg leg and flaring trans shifts :eek: Man i really miss her!!! Too cool that it has popped up. Now i can bug you every day to sell her till you give in :D JK

LOL..it ironic that you talk about the GNX look a likes. I was really considering buying a set. Iam going to have Fred install a posi when I get back to the states. I cant bring myself to mod the car...its just to nice for me to do that and would rather do a "Black Car:D " for drag racing.

Oh my god......Lol, you made me do some searching! Here is my one and only picture of this car when i had it at the track back in I believe late fall 1996:eek: Forgive me, its a scanned picture. I didn't have a digital camera back then let alone a computer:smile: I bet i still have the 2 timeslips somewhere. I keep everything:rolleyes:

Attachments

• img011.jpg
    img011.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 337
Oh my god......Lol, you made me do some searching! Here is my one and only picture of this car when i had it at the track back in I believe late fall 1996:eek: Forgive me, its a scanned picture. I didn't have a digital camera back then let alone a computer:smile: I bet i still have the 2 timeslips somewhere. I keep everything:rolleyes:

Hey:( !!!! LOL....I will be off work in a few minutes and I will post some updated pics. Also what boost were you running??? I would love to see the time slips.

My buddy bought that car in 1995 from arena auto sales in columbus oh for $8500.We were driving it home and the oil pressure just went really low so he rebuilt the engine stock and paid jocye buick to do all the work.He pet just about everything new in that car plus te44,MJ intercooler,009 injecters,atr cold air,reds xp pump/hotwire,hooker exhaust, new yokohama tires in the front and bfg drag radials,shocks,springs,brakes,trunk brace kit, and there more.I should remember I did all the work for him.Well he took it to the track and it ran 12.50@113 with bad sixtey because of the non posi.Then he sold it to me because he bought new camaro and a few months later I sold it to monte231ss.We had alot fun with that car,2 19 year olds with a t-type and gn.:eek:

The car had the GNX wheels on it when I bought it that were like new. I sold them and put the stock wheels and tires back on it and they still had the Yokohamas on them. I actually sold the GNX wheel/tires here on the board. Would have been around the middle of 2006. I returned the car to more of a stock build and decided to part ways with it. It had a stock turbo and intercooler on it when I got it. It ran extreamly well for me also and shifted great! The only thing that I noticed that turned me off about the car was that the drivers floor board was very thin and rusting and someone at some point had fiberglassed it, may have been the N. Ridgeville owner.

Mike, been down to Arena Motors many times to look at Turbo Buicks. They had a low mile TTA there I almost bought in 1995 you may have seen. I wound up buying my TTA closer to us and still have it today. Seems like they always kept a TR or two there at all times..lol

Monte, I think I still have that front plate here but Id have to look! :biggrin:

The car had the GNX wheels on it when I bought it that were like new. I sold them and put the stock wheels and tires back on it and they still had the Yokohamas on them. I actually sold the GNX wheel/tires here on the board. Would have been around the middle of 2006. I returned the car to more of a stock build and decided to part ways with it. It had a stock turbo and intercooler on it when I got it. It ran extreamly well for me also and shifted great! The only thing that I noticed that turned me off about the car was that the drivers floor board was very thin and rusting and someone at some point had fiberglassed it, may have been the N. Ridgeville owner.

Mike, been down to Arena Motors many times to look at Turbo Buicks. They had a low mile TTA there I almost bought in 1995 you may have seen. I wound up buying my TTA closer to us and still have it today. Seems like they always kept a TR or two there at all times..lol

Well someone had replaced both floor boards when I got the car. It has still has the stock turbo, intercooler, and injectors. It still shifts great....will scratch second and third gear:D !!! Iam still trying to get an acurate account of how many miles the car really have on it since its been rebuilt.

Well I never remember the floors being rusted at all,so not sure about the floor boards.If I remember correctly the car had 80k on it when it was rebuilt.If you do a car fax and it will show the milage when the it transfered from columbus to lorain in 1995,thats when the car had the engine redone.My buddy had the motor done as soon as he bought it.The oil pressure dropped real low when we were driving the car back from columbus.He never blew the motor or broke anything in it just low oil and it had some miles so he rebuilt it.

kay and I own an 86 T-Type WE4 that previously belonged to the late Roy West, we have owned this one for at least 3 months and I have to admit there is no other shade of blue that pops with a WE4 package.

:confused: Do you mean WO2 instead of WE4? I thought WE4 was only offered in '87 and they were all black...

That is the same color my 87 turbo limited t i just picked up is.I like this color combo alot even tho i don't like the t wheels.But with this color i like the t wheels. looks good man

The Houston Buick Club President has a pristine 86 and a matching 85 that is pretty nice as well. I wish I had a better pic but its all I have.
bellvillecarshow058.jpg

Hey, I recognize those cars--- the '86 is as my son calls it "a garage queen :rolleyes: ", but the '85 is my daily driver, or it will be again as soon as Ryan gets his running ;) .

thanks man, just give me a call or shoot me a pm when you are ready.

86TexasT, those are gorgeous. do you have any more pictures? i think i am in love!

86TexasT, those are gorgeous. do you have any more pictures? i think i am in love!

I will post some more pictures as soon as I figure out this photobucket, you can go to our website The Houston Buick Club, click on pictures to see some there. I did a frame-on resto. on my '86, put it in Autorama. missed driving the car daily, found the '85 in Pasadena, needed some electrical work. It`s driven everyday. Thanks for the compliment.

Back