Does this sound right?

Junior Samples

Walk Away
Alright I been chewing and stewing over this

Yesterday I was down in Detoit and got into it with some stranger flapping his gums, I told him he didnt look like he earned enough money to run his mouth and to shut the F up.

At that point he got into my face. 1st bad move..anyway I puffed my chest and told him to move along little doggy, Well he ( i let him..LOL..shhhh) put his hands on me and well I pretty much dumped him on his head and opened him up.

Cops get ahold of me take a report, told me that although they were not going to arrest me that he could press charges on me...HUH? what happend to self defense?

The guy put his paws on me, i dont care if he wanted to do the cha cha, he started it and i finished it, I didnt stick around to gather witnesses.

So I tell the cop this.. I said ok remove your badge and i'll put my hands on you and after your done kicking the crap out of me...I can press charges and sue you?

He said this guy called first..so what! this aint domestic, its like mutual combatants, he got the short end, oh friggun well
why would i call anyway?...yes 911 id like to report a good ole fashion can of ass ****pin administered by myself?...come on

whats with this crap?.. not tryin to sound all big in here but the last thing i need right now is some sue happy showin up in court with a neck brace on.

but i did hit for 50 with a dollar scratch off later in the day

I think you should delete the post and only discuss it verbally with friends. Why leave anything for all the world to see that "could" be interpreted as bragging? I do get your point regardless.

Wouldn't it have been easier to let him run his mouth and walk away? Sticking around to "let" him do that kind of makes it appear as being both your faults. Did you really do everything you could diffuse the situation? "I told him he didn't look like he earned enough money to run his mouth and to shut the F up." How would you respond if someone said that to you? It appears as if you stuck around, hoping this guy pulled something. In the eyes of the police, this guy was attacked and then you left the scene. You could have called them first and things would have been very different. That's just my opinion, you may want to call Matlock for real legal advice.

both good points, I didnt jump right on after it happend and start thread, I stewed over it for the next day.

I left out what started it, he started it, why he started it was not the issue, he was running off at the mouth before i started to toss out some of my comedic remarks.
I was minding my own bizz and question i was presenting was despite the verbal back and forth, he put his hands on me first.

So its like what happend with this country that I was defendening myself and had every right to do so but
the cops tell me i could get into trouble?

Thats the topic, not the point of me putting a knot on some guys head, The guy was being an a$$ and I just cant seem to get it through my thick skull that I can walk away, I dont pick on people but when i see someone picking on some whos defenseless..well its back to

pick on someone your own size...like me

thanks for the input though, I dont think i will hear anymore from it but it just chapped my rear to think that i could.

I dont pick on people but when i see someone picking on some whos defenseless..well its back to

pick on someone your own size...like me

That really changes everything. If whatever the reason was went to court and you were defending someone else, it would be hard to argue that it was your fault.

That really changes everything. If whatever the reason was went to court and you were defending someone else, it would be hard to argue that it was your fault.

Yeah i tried leaving out what led up to the confrontation and not trumping across the boards that i was mister hero, just dont like seeing idiots picking on 85 yr old men..when 60 yrs ago that man woulda kicked the crap out of him.

I know that I'm usually easy going, but when someone gets in my personal space in an aggressive fashion I tend to get slightly overreactive.... :mad:

I'd probably react in the same way, I just wouldn't have verbally coherced him into a reaction.

Unfortunately most state statutes define one of the many subsections of Breach of Peace as engaging in some sort of fight in public. If there is no witness to who started the altercation sometimes both could be punished.

It is not always fair but when the Police arrive on scene and two guys are bloody and fighting in the middle of the street causing a traffic jam I can assure you both are likely going in the wagon to central lock up.

Sometimes you have pick your battles and that was probably one most should avoid. Easier said then done tho for sure.

yeah people can sue you if they get hurt trying to break into your house/car now too becuase it was your property.

Dont believe what the cops said. They say crap like that so it looks like they were doing their job. Protecting both parties in this case. Many years ago I pulled the same crap. Sometimes I got my butt kicked and sometimes I kicked a$$. I had a friend who just happened to be a cop tell me the "next time I see you with a baseball bat in your hands you better be going to softball practice". Later he told me he had to say that crap.

But really the next time you do that tell the cops the perp drew first blood. He just hits like a girl is the reason you aren't bleeding. See? Two can play that game.:eek:

LOL Eric

yeah i guess i should detailed out exactly what transpired but i didnt think it necessary.

Anyway I know theres some cops on the board like BRabbit thought maybe he would chime in.
i was worried at first but i think im over it, in hindsight just glad he didnt pull gun

From my experiences the cops don’t give a fluck about you and aren’t trying to help you.
I was about 18 years old and worked in retail in a big money area and this rich A-hole starts some ship in the store so I tell him to get the Fluck out of the store.
As I am leaving the store he punches me in the face. I then beat him to the ground and then some, every body saw me beat his A$$ and nobody saw him hit me first anyway the Flucking cops show up and hand cuff me and throw me in the car the **** head makes a statement that I attacked him for no reason but just before they whir to drive away my manager begged the cops to look at the Video tape. The store had just installed a new cam. Filming the sidewalk in front of the store and guess what it had just recorded.
Anyway the cop takes me out of the car and said ok have a good day and whir going to leave at that point I asked the cops to arrest the guy that just hit me and filled a fake police report and the POS said its not necessary. And drove off I had to go to the civilian complaint review board and the district attorneys office to get the guy arrested and charged then I dropped the charges for $6500.00 but if it wasn’t for that tape I would have gotten locked up cuz the cops took the money just got beat up guys word.
Be careful they just want to close cases and make arrest. Guilty or not it doesn’t matter.

Disclaimer – Not all cops are the same just the ones that have Flucked with me for no reason.

Even if you did not commit a criminal offense the other party can still sue you in civil court for damages and medical expenses.

Turbopowered68 that is bs what happened to you. It doesn't surprise me though, when you are a young guy the cops are never on your side no matter what the circumstances. Heck they aren't much on your side after you are a young guy either. There are a few good cops out there though so don't flame me for saying all cops are bad.

Mcasteel,

I'm really itching to hear what started all of this. It's such a damn shame we as a society have been beaten into cowardly submission that we are afraid of standing up for what is right. It's crazy that America today has so many people saying you should have walked away. If this were the 1950s I'm sure people would have asked if you gave him a couple knuckle sandwitches for good measure. It's too bad nowadays everything tells us not to because the laws serve to protect thugs.
From what it sounds like and judging from your posts I would guess that this guy definitely deserved what he got, good on you

Pablo,

So Im driving and I see this car up ahead (oldman) cut in front of another car (jerk)who was going way over speed limit anyway well they both happend to pull in same gas station along with me.

The A$$ first then the old man then me
I pulled up and this jerk jumps this old man calling him every name in the book stopping him from going inside so he could call him every name and broke old man cause he was driving a 94 Olds

No one did anything or said anything as this was going on..they all just went about their bizz getting in their cars.

Anyway thats when I jumped in and made remark about him not earning enough to run his mouth and to shut the F up

the rest is history
Mike

Mike I admire what you did it takes a BIG person (not thinking clearly) to step up like that. Hopefully this will just go away and if it doesn’t hope that the gas station has cameras if so I would try to get a copy of the tape and just hold on to it just in case.
Good luck Dude.

Turbopowered68 that is bs what happened to you. It doesn't surprise me though, when you are a young guy the cops are never on your side no matter what the circumstances. Heck they aren't much on your side after you are a young guy either. There are a few good cops out there though so don't flame me for saying all cops are bad.

Pablo i must disagree with you there are a lot MORE then just a few Good cops, with out you guys it would be total Chaos. I really mean that. its just that i never seem to run into them.

BTW this was the first line on my previous post.
"From my experiences the cops don’t give a fluck about you and aren’t trying to help you.
This was the last line on my previous post
"Disclaimer – Not all cops are the same just the ones that have Flucked with me for no reason"

If I kicked somebody's ass for cussing out an old man down here in Mississippi the cops are gonna say "have a nice day, we will take care of it from here"...

My mom taught school here for 32 years...5 years ago they were at a baseball game with our neighboring arch rival team. 3 guys kept screaming foul language at the line of people leaving the game. Dad asked the to please stop with the cussing...ya know...women and children are here...

One of them told him he better tell his GD bitch to take him to the MFing house...

He's 57 years old now. He beat the sh!t out of the one that said this right before his 2 buddies jumped in and kicked dads ass.

The cops broke it up and let him go.

Mom wore his ass out worse than the 3 guys he was fighting:biggrin: her jobplace and all...

Point is...screw the letter of the law. If somebody is aggresively insulting someone who can't physically defend themselves, help them. Isn't that what we are supposed to do? Isn't that the right thing?

Anyway...off the soapbox