Down Pipe Question

I'd be cautious if you have an ATR DP because I had one and twice the wastegate puck "froze" leaving me with runaway boost. I sent it back, they installed a "looser" fitting puck and viola... it stuck again!!!!

If you have an ATR downpipe, every so often, remove the rod on the turbo and move it to see if it moves freely. Paul

Good thing ATR is out of business. :p

I have an ATR external gated DP and it has been great for 10 years. Fit great.

one of my buddies has the one from Red. it fit great. I think his price is inline with the rest of the pipes as well.

The problem you have is that your installing on a wrecked vehicle.Stop bitching & post the pics of your IC off center & South East turbos down pipe rubbing the inner fender.

You Mr. Weaver are a liar and don't know you are talking about. I already sent you a picture of your IC pipe 3" off. The IC you refer to as being "Off center" is off by a ****ping 1/2". Oh, and BTW, if I did center it, it wouild be off by 3 1/2". I'll quit bithching when you you stop lying tabout this car and to the unsuspecting victims on this forum . Also I past your name around at the GS Nationals. I'll leave the comments at this, your reputation is not stellar and I cound't find one person running your gear and I seriously tried. Now go address your drinking problems. You know what I'm talking about.
Gary

So that everyone will know, SE Turbo sells a great DP. Weaver has exaggerated the DP being against the inner fender. I' will concede that it barely, and I do mean Barely kisses the inner fender. It means nothing and for Weaver to come on this board and belittle another vendors product to somehow justify the junk he sells is disgusting. I want to repeat what I said in an earlier post. Weaver's junk DP is getting the rotten press it deserves. How come nobody else's equipment is receiving negative press. If it was just me then you could chalk it up to a disgruntled customer. But when 4 or 5 (and I'll bet there is a lot more) people complain of the same problem...well you figure it out. This ain't my first TR. I've owned 14 turbo cars. I'm 58 years old. If I asked them to, I believe I could get several well known people to come on here and verify that I know these cars. I've put together 4 of the nicest' Stage cars anyone has ever seen. Sold them all and never heard a single complaint. I want to apologize to SE Turbo for Weaver bringing up there name in a negative and classless way and if anyone from that company reads this thread I want them to know what a pleasure it was dealing with them and that there DP went on in 20 minutes compared to Weaver's 5-6 hours (and it never did fit). This is my last comment regarding this subject. If anybody wants to deal with this guy, feel free, there's a sucker born every minute, as the saying goes.
Gary

for the record

The one SE turbo DP that I installed fit like a Glove. Not all cars are the same, but my experience was good. I also have had good dealings with G body as well and would do bussiness again with both vendors.

Problems do happen, it is what is done to remedy the situation is what counts.

Den

So that everyone will know, SE Turbo sells a great DP. Weaver has exaggerated the DP being against the inner fender. I' will concede that it barely, and I do mean Barely kisses the inner fender. It means nothing and for Weaver to come on this board and belittle another vendors product to somehow justify the junk he sells is disgusting. I want to repeat what I said in an earlier post. Weaver's junk DP is getting the rotten press it deserves. How come nobody else's equipment is receiving negative press. If it was just me then you could chalk it up to a disgruntled customer. But when 4 or 5 (and I'll bet there is a lot more) people complain of the same problem...well you figure it out. This ain't my first TR. I've owned 14 turbo cars. I'm 58 years old. If I asked them to, I believe I could get several well known people to come on here and verify that I know these cars. I've put together 4 of the nicest' Stage cars anyone has ever seen. Sold them all and never heard a single complaint. I want to apologize to SE Turbo for Weaver bringing up there name in a negative and classless way and if anyone from that company reads this thread I want them to know what a pleasure it was dealing with them and that there DP went on in 20 minutes compared to Weaver's 5-6 hours (and it never did fit). This is my last comment regarding this subject. If anybody wants to deal with this guy, feel free, there's a sucker born every minute, as the saying goes.
Gary

Gary Post a pic of the South East DP barely kissing the inner fender. I'm not belittling their down pipe I'm belittling you for having Mark purchase a car with 153K miles that was wrecked & blaming Mark Hueffman's cold air kit for not fitting.

Not being able to measure & put a front mount on.

You screwed up by telling Mark to buy that car.It's not 2 other vendors products it is Gary's in ability to see a wrecked car with 153K miles & not being able to mount a Front mount intercooler straight.
Stop trying to save face for your lack of ability to purchase a unwrecked car & install parts. Come clean with Mark who already saw you couldn't mount an IC straight & saw the frame damge & the motor cocked.
POST THE PIC OF S/E down pipe barely kissing the inner fender.
You have had 2 weeks since I been there to straighten out that mess.With all your mechanical history I'm sure you could have straightened it out in 2 weeks to try & save face.

I have tried to stay out of this but IMO GARY is not laying out all the facts. That IC went right on another car at Brians with NO PROBLEM... Brian tried to work this out with you I KNOW FOR A FACT but you said you would just keep deleting his emails...

Solve this easily by posting the pic of the downpipe you are referring to fitting so much better, if it is not hitting...

You keep bashing two vendors on this board that have great feedback on this board and are known for good customer service. You refuse to try to work it out and yet continue to bad mouth them, doesn't make much sense IMO! All I am saying is you have said your piece, several times, so why keep harping on it? Both vendors tried to work it out, you refused... How many vendors would drive 5-8 hours out of the way to help you? Call Summitt and ask for that:eek:

Far as the DP's go I have two installed and have had no problems. In fact we were testing some headers recently and an ATR nor a TH DP would fit. Gbody's did, in about 10 minutes:smile:

You Mr. Weaver are a liar and don't know you are talking about....
...I'll leave the comments at this, your reputation is not stellar and I cound't find one person running your gear and I seriously tried. Now go address your drinking problems. You know what I'm talking about.
Gary

D@mn, that's cold.
I have only had a couple of dealing with Mr. Weavy and have had no problem...I also plan to buy from him in the future regardless of any haneous comments. Personally, I think feedback can be a good thing, but these comments are a little much for an internet forum.

I don't know you and you don't know me.
But if I were a moderator, you'd be history.