Downpipe and headers?

Wahoo

Hi, i bought these used and thought they were for an 84/85 hot air car but they dont fit, im thinking theyre for a carb'd turbo car?

They have an external wastegate on the driver header, its a deltagate 2 but it needs to be rebuild, has bad diaphram. I can sell these with a brand new tial 38mm external wastegate if someone is interested.

The 82-83 cars use the same headers as the 84-85 cars, so the DT cars would all use the same. Don't know about the downpipe since the DT cars have a different flange on the turbo. What size tubes are on the?

Idk ill measure them later, no O2 sensor bungs so i feel they have to be for a carbed car. See the passenger header merge is towards the front of the manifold rather than the back.

The HA headers I've got are off a HA car and are identical to the ones off my 83. The way they look reminds me of a set made by Lee Thompson many years ago. With them no being stock my guess is that you're missing the up pipe.

The HA headers I've got are off a HA car and are identical to the ones off my 83. The way they look reminds me of a set made by Lee Thompson many years ago. With them no being stock my guess is that you're missing the up pipe.

The problem with fitment was with the headers themselfs. And the downpipe.

The passenger header merge at the bottom that merges with the front primary, the pipe itself almost bottoms out on the control arm/frame area. I think it has like not even an inch of room, its contacting wire loom.

My original 83 headers and the HA ones had a dent from the control arm hitting it so that doesn't surprise me at all. Had the same issue with my old NA skyhark. The headers would hit the unichassis on the passengers side. Had to chain the engine down to stop the issue. The way you're describing them sounds like they were made for a hybred rather than a stock chassis.

personally I would run a stock set of headers with a nice down pipe. I know I have one for sale, and I am not trying to pursuade you.. but a passenger header that has been cleaned up on the #4 runner and the drivers side not cracked with a good DP works very well. I know this from experience. Having too much header will affect your spool up time.

Hi, i bought these used and thought they were for an 84/85 hot air car but they dont fit, im thinking theyre for a carb'd turbo car?

They have an external wastegate on the driver header, its a deltagate 2 but it needs to be rebuild, has bad diaphram. I can sell these with a brand new tial 38mm external wastegate if someone is interested.

How much would you like for the headers without the tial wastegate
Thanks