Drummerboy1975

m233roller

Banned
Bought this PERFECT steering wheel from drummerboy (James) and received it in a very timely manner. As soon as I opened it up and inspect it I see a small (like a finger nail gouge) and a zipper like chatter on it. Yes I did get pics.of it and these bad spots do NOT show in the pics. That's why Iv'e always HATED (you got pics.) Pics. are about as good as the person taking them and that's it !! It's fuuny he doesn't recall any damage but it sure shows in the pics I sent him. I email James and below is his answer.

Mike I do aspologize. I'd have to say that what you call perfect and what I call perfect are two different things. To me, for a 24 your old sterring wheel it is perfect and well worth the money. I do not recall any figernail gouges or zipper marks. I wrapped it up in brown shipping paper so it wouldn't get damaged. Once again, I am sorry your not happy with it but I feel that it's well worth 200.00 if not more.

I send him another email telling him it's pretty simple : Perfect means just that Perfect with NO issues no matter how old it is. I also tell him this DIDN'T get this way in shipping and if I had known about the bad spots on it I wouldn't of even bought it, let alone paid $200 for it. I then said well why don't I send it back and you can sell it for MORE. !!

YUP you guessed it haven't heard one thing since and this was several days ago. Looks like Iv'e been had AGAIN !! This S-IT is getting OLD.

PS. Don't see anywhere in his sale ad about it being perfect for a 24 year old steering wheel.???

Perfect=Perfect.:smile: End of story.

Well, these days at least you were lucky and actually received something.:rolleyes:

My only guess is that times are hard and this is what people turning to.

I does suck when someone gives you a bs excuse to your face and expect you to buy it.
From now on its going to be Paypal with a CC OR pass a thorough inspection then you get the cash other wise i won't buy.
Good luck with this

Hi Mike, This is really a shame that someone has to would take advantage to a nice person like yourself, and to other people. If you pay this through Paypal, why don't you create a case against this guy and try to get you money back. Julio

One reason I am afraid to buy anything here lately. There are only 5 here I trust to get parts from and now that I needed something, cash made itself scarce. :(

Wow

Sorry to hear Mike, you are one of the unanimous good guys of the Board, so for this to happen to you is a travesty.
I did have something similar happen to me - I bought a rear spoiler from someone who posted pics also. When I got the spoiler there was a chunk about the size of a dime missing - when I looked back the seller had take the picture "just so" the blemish was not in the pic.
When I asked him he said it must have happened in shipping - yeah right - it was wrapped in about 10 pounds of newspaper ----- Lesson learned.
Now I ask EVERY question possible - in detail.

Good luck with this,

Ravi

p.s. at least you didn't get bitten by Justin Gunn also :)

forgot to add

Just thought I would add -- there is ONLY ONE definition of perfect. What an insulting response.

Ravi

Mike, that sucks !!!

I saw that sale thread, the wheel looked very nice. Let me guess, the bad spot is at the top right on the backside that isnt pictured.

He has been on here today, think I would step into his wheels for sale thread and ask him for a reply. :biggrin:

good luck man

Bryan

Mike..I would be steamed!:mad: It should have been perfect for that price. As Mark said, perfect is perfect..end of story. A proper response from him should have been refunding your money....it's that simple. I don't care about what shape the economy is in, making sure others are satisfied with their purchase should be no 1. Especially here on this board, where I consider all of us honest, good people (Justin Gunn not included, he's dead of "Wekillayumofoititis disease":rolleyes:)

I bought the recovered steering wheel from that little ol' lady who does them for less than that years ago...believe me, it's PERFECT! Not a scratch, gouge on it. Yours should have been this way to for this amount of money. That's a lot of cash outlay!!:eek:

Look at the creep's spelling....did he make it out of the first grade? My God, it's atrocious!!! Even eye cun spilk bitter thin himm. The jerk.:rolleyes:

People like him make others here on the board now think twice about buying on here. Just because of this clown's behavior. And I don't blame them one bit.

The same thing happened to me in the past. I was out $60 on a deal, and the jerk I was dealing with had the same exact excuse you got.

You have my sympathy, Mike. It's the way of the world nowdays. That clown.:mad:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Mike..I would be steamed!:mad: It should have been perfect for that price. As Mark said, perfect is perfect..end of story. A proper response from him should have been refunding your money....it's that simple. I don't care about what shape the economy is in, making sure others are satisfied with their purchase should be no 1. Especially here on this board, where I consider all of us honest, good people (Justin Gunn not included, he's dead of "Wekillayumofoititis disease":rolleyes:)

I bought the recovered steering wheel from that little ol' lady who does them for less than that years ago...believe me, it's PERFECT! Not a scratch, gouge on it. Yours should have been this way to for this amount of money. That's a lot of cash outlay!!:eek:

Look at the creep's spelling....did he make it out of the first grade? My God, it's atrocious!!! Even eye cun spilk bitter thin himm. The jerk.:rolleyes:

People like him make others here on the board now think twice about buying on here. Just because of this clown's behavior. And I don't blame them one bit.

The same thing happened to me in the past. I was out $60 on a deal, and the jerk I was dealing with had the same exact excuse you got.

You have my sympathy, Mike. It's the way of the world nowdays. That clown.:mad:

Bruce '87 Grand National

you are right on the money and it looks like its happening more and more often.
i was told "this is a good running motor" and it turned out to be a "Running motor that needed to be Rebuilt" just like my other two running motors both with hard lower end knock but they are running motors .:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I PM'd the seller about this part because I just wanted to have it as a spare in "inventory". When he told me he would only accept a WalMart Moneygram as payment, and gave me some BS story about having to create a new TB.com account since his "ex has the old email add", I figured he was here to rip off some people.
Anybody know about the carpet kit that he sold to somebody in Florida? And I wonder how trashed the other three wheels he's trying to sell are.
S.

I was wondering the same thing on the carpet kit I asked him for his pay pal addy and he said he doesn't deal with paypal I told him nevermind.....

i'm glad i passed on the money order request for his GN wing for sale....he's a new member.

Mike I do aspologize. I'd have to say that what you call perfect and what I call perfect are two different things. To me, for a 24 your old sterring wheel it is perfect and well worth the money. I do not recall any figernail gouges or zipper marks. I wrapped it up in brown shipping paper so it wouldn't get damaged. Once again, I am sorry your not happy with it but I feel that it's well worth 200.00 if not more.

TOTAL douche-bag move!!!:mad::mad::mad:
Might want to copy this in his other sale thread...

Bryan

Bought this PERFECT steering wheel from drummerboy (James) and received it in a very timely manner. As soon as I opened it up and inspect it I see a small (like a finger nail gouge) and a zipper like chatter on it. Yes I did get pics.of it and these bad spots do NOT show in the pics.....snip

Post both the buyer and seller pictures here....Arrange for a refund and send it back. :)

Perfect

"Good condition" is subjective. "Fair condition" is subjective.

"Perfect condition" isn't subjective. It's perfect.