Dual nozzles

spins4

At what MPH do you Buick guys typically step up from 1 M15 to dual nozzle? I saw someone just went close to 140mph on Twin m15s but that was on 100octane. I'm wondering, how about just regular pump gas?

I've gone 132.37mph so far (not a Buick, but car is around 3400-3500lbs)... wondering if I might be on the edge octane wise. I would like to turn up the power to run close to 140, which I believe my setup is capable.

I'm running a bastard setup which consists of Alkycontrol pump, and the rest my own DIY stuff.

I would say you have passed the limit of a single nozzle.
What fuel pump or pumps do you have?
Injector size?
Duty cycle??
motor size?
compression?
need more info. :)

yo

spins4 said:
At what MPH do you Buick guys typically step up from 1 M15 to dual nozzle? I saw someone just went close to 140mph on Twin m15s but that was on 100octane. I'm wondering, how about just regular pump gas?

I've gone 132.37mph so far (not a Buick, but car is around 3400-3500lbs)... wondering if I might be on the edge octane wise. I would like to turn up the power to run close to 140, which I believe my setup is capable.

I'm running a bastard setup which consists of Alkycontrol pump, and the rest my own DIY stuff.

I thought you got the controller too :cool: Or did you not install it yet? Also your at that point I think its time for the dual nozzle. In a typical turbo regal the mark is 124 mph trap speeds. Your car is close in weight so I would say your already past that point. Time to stop by to get that second nozzle. Hope to see you stop by the shop soon :cool:

Yes your car is capable of 140. Its got the turbo & aerodynamics for it. E.T. might not be as good as it could be , but who cares. 140 & you will be all :biggrin: 's. I am just trying to hit the 130 mark. Hell Still short of the 120 mark. I got alot of work to do.

Typically at about 530-550 to the wheels step up to a twin.. but this depends on cam/heads/turbo.. etc. And iron headed motor will need more than an aluminum headed motor. Same with displacement.. a 274 will need less alcohol at a given HP than a 231.

You need to ditch the aem control and install the controller.. then we can bump your nozzle.. maybe you should do a pressure test on your system and see where your at. This is easy to do.. if you need more flow up the pressure by increasing drive to the pump. If your pressure is high and still need more.. add another nozzle and back down the pressure.. and start from there.

I'll see if I can hit that 140 before you do :eek: ;)

Thanks for the reply guys...

Yea I did buy the pump+controller, but I didn't install the controller becuase the way I trigger it is working fine for me.. so I took the 'if it ain't broke don't fix it approach' ;)

I already was on twin nozzles when I ran that time, I was just curious when you Buick guys were stepping it up. My motor is quite a bit smaller (183cid) so I will need more alcohol for the same power. To go 140 in my car is going to take more power per cylinder, so that was my line of thinking.