Fuel System upgrade for 9 sec (non E85) ?

If Your second one doesn't turn on for whatever reason you better cross your fingers it doesn't hurt the motor

If Your second one doesn't turn on for whatever reason you better cross your fingers it doesn't hurt the motor
I know a lot of people run dbl's and probably most never have any problems but that one time one pump fails I'm not even sure if the XFI can save you. The only head gasket I have ever blown was do to a failed pump (the Walbro rejects that came out several years ago) at wot and 25 psi with alky set on 6 just before the traps. Now I have a crap load of more money in this new build and the possibility of one pump failing really concerns me.

A single 301 will support what he is trying to do ... when your big single chokes .. then your really F'd

you can what if it to death ... but the chance of 2 pumps going out is remote

I agree that 2 pumps going out is remote but it only takes that second one not turning on to melt a motor.

If a single 301 is all he need then good. But if we start talking duals I would rather have a big single then dual small ones

I'm going to catch my single going out faster then 2.

wat happns wen the single fails?

Depends when it fails. Could be at idle could be at wot. Could fail slowly could fail instant. I log fuel pressure so it might or might not show in the data logs.

What I'm trying to get at is I would rather have a single then hope my second pump turns on. More often then not, your second pump will be triggered at wot. As much as we put into these motors it's safer imop to run a single. Yes with good wiring a double pumper shouldn't fail and probably won't.

No mater which way you go you will be happy. If a single 400 pump will work go that route. If not you got other options as well as the double pumper route.

I have a Aeromotive Stealth 340 but if I recall according to Aeomotive they are good to about 700 crank HP. My motor turned up should easily be over 700 crank HP putting me on the ragged edge. At 28-30 psi on C16 I should be 700+ rwhp. Seems to me I either need a big single in tank 400-450, a dbl pumper or an external like a A1000 and sump the tank. Good wiring and proper fuel lines obviously are a must.

Depends when it fails. Could be at idle could be at wot. Could fail slowly could fail instant. I log fuel pressure so it might or might not show in the data logs.

What I'm trying to get at is I would rather have a single then hope my second pump turns on. More often then not, your second pump will be triggered at wot. As much as we put into these motors it's safer imop to run a single. Yes with good wiring a double pumper shouldn't fail and probably won't.

No mater which way you go you will be happy. If a single 400 pump will work go that route. If not you got other options as well as the double pumper route.
well if its at idle its not gonna hurt ur motor and if ur under WOT it will happen so fast ur not gonna know till its too late unless u have an XFI with fail safe features.

well if its at idle its not gonna hurt ur motor and if ur under WOT it will happen so fast ur not gonna know till its too late unless u have an XFI with fail safe features.

Agreed.. and if your clever you can setup fail safes that are way above what the XFI can do

What about the Racetronix 430lph? Should be plenty of head room there.

Haven't seen the Racetronix 430....that would do the job as would the Walbro 400 or 450. Good info here with lots of options.

If I remember correctly, the TTA uses a different sending unit? If so I would do the mods to the lines to reduce the restrictions. The TB sending unit from Racetronix has all mandrel bent tubing with no restrictions.

Sure would be nice if I could call Racetronix vs email...I think I could get a lot sorted out much quicker whether it be an off the shelf setup or parts to build my own.

I got the fuel like kit from racetronics -8 supply and -6 return teflon lines nice filter . I plumed in a ethonal sensor in the return . I haven't had any fuel issues with my single 430 walbro

image.jpg

Hello Scott. I be more concerned about trying to keep the TTA heads from flexing at your power levels.

Thoughts on the Aeromotive A1000 external pump?

IMO, as long as you're not going to use e85 then you should be okay with the A1000. Would not be enough pump for e85. I ran one in my old build, but should you decide to, you will most definitely have to put a sump in it. Actually any external pump for that matter. I had issues with the motor stalling (drove me nuts) until I put the sump in it. I bought a new non-turbo fuel tank and put a sump in it. Cost me about a $1k but was great after that. Now I have a TA stroker and I'm using e85, so I went with a Weldon 2035, controller, and regulator. Also, it's much easier to service/make changes to an external pump.

Don't see me going E85 anytime soon since it is nowhere to be found near me in MD...looks like only 7 stations offering it in the whole state according to an online search and none close enough to consider. Right now I don't want to pull/drop the rear and tank to add a sump and am I'm leaning towards an in-tank pump to get me going. I'll be changing to a 9" rear next Fall so if I decide to sump the tank that will be a good time. I don't need to drop my tank to change the pump since my car has a access panel that I installed back in 2008...don't hate ;)

Attachments

• DSC04581.JPG
    DSC04581.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 109