You can type here any text you want

Dyno Numbers for 269

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sweet6

Mods
GT3255
Dutt Neck IC
50lb
Open dump
RJC Power plate
110 octane
26 degrees
24lbs.
Neal Chance 10" lock up

Best pull
355 HP
389 TQ

Pulls on a dynojet

For that kind of boost, numbers should be way higher. No offense.

My car when it ran on a thrasher 92 chip.. low 12's at 112 MPH dyno jet numbers were in the low 400's. 412~ at 23-24 PSI.

Maybe springs are weak, or exhuast is restrictive..

Factory they're 250-270.. add chip, turbo, etc.. should be way higher 10 extra PSI boost.

I don't know if you saw my best ET in my sig. 12.19@114. So if you car made 400+ going 112. What do you think my car really makes? You know how dynos are??? I see guys with stock turbos saying they made 550+lbs of torque. I do not hold a lot of value in dyno numbers. They make a good conversation piece, that is about it.

The TQ plays a role when you "hit" the button at WOT. If you can get the dyno guy to hit the button at 3400-3500 RPM's you'll see 500+ ft lbs especially with an Auto.

You can do the math, plenty of calculators out there HP vs weight, or HP vs MPH, or HP vs ET.

Any day you drive off the dyno is a good day ;)

I thought the numbers sounded low to me as well. I was going to try using the math equation as a comparison.

My car was making more power than other cars with DPs, IC upgrades, and other stuff. My car has a GT32, 50s, Fuel pump, and open dump. So I was happy. I think my car was first or 2nd for stock motored cars. Air fuel was 11.8:1 on the best pull. Cars with heads and cam were doing 440HP 470TQ. And had bigger turbos. So I thought my car was about right.

Sweet6 said:
I thought the numbers sounded low to me as well. I was going to try using the math equation as a comparison.

My car was making more power than other cars with DPs, IC upgrades, and other stuff. My car has a GT32, 50s, Fuel pump, and open dump. So I was happy. I think my car was first or 2nd for stock motored cars. Air fuel was 11.8:1 on the best pull. Cars with heads and cam were doing 440HP 470TQ. And had bigger turbos. So I thought my car was about right.

yeah it sounds like your dyno numbers are off because I have a PT51, 42lbs injectors, 3000 stall, RJC PP, and the other normal mods with open exhaust at about 20 psi with 110 running really rich I dynoed 360rwhp 450ftlbs

72firebird said:
yeah it sounds like your dyno numbers are off because I have a PT51, 42lbs injectors, 3000 stall, RJC PP, and the other normal mods with open exhaust at about 20 psi with 110 running really rich I dynoed 360rwhp 450ftlbs

What ET and MPH have you ran?

I am going to the track this weekend if the weather holds up. I am hoping for 12.00 @114 or better.

One thing is too, I eased into the gas when I started my pull. That may have affected the numbers. I was more interested in getting the AF dialed in instead of making numbers.

Sweet6 said:
One thing is too, I eased into the gas when I started my pull. That may have affected the numbers. I was more interested in getting the AF dialed in instead of making numbers.

My car picked up 20 hp/tq by laying into it a little harder the second time around. I told Scott that the car would probably downshift and he said to try to not make it do so. I adjusted the boost controller on the PRO box for the boost to come on a bit quicker as well.

I ended up with like 322/360. My A/F was 10.8 :mad: . I just need to play with the fuel a bit and get it a little leaner. :cool:

My first few pulls were under 10.0:1. I picked up about 25HP by getting it to 11.8:1.

You should have done a few more pulls. I ended up doing 5 pulls. Al said "keep going until you get it where you need it." He said call back anytime you need dyno time. He was pretty cool about it.

Sweet6 said:
What ET and MPH have you ran?

I am going to the track this weekend if the weather holds up. I am hoping for 12.00 @114 or better.

12.2@114 I believe, somewhere around there with a 2.0 60' on Nitto Drag Radials. I'm really dissapointed in the numbers since I think the car easily has an 11.7 in it with some good tires and a little better tuning.

72firebird said:
12.2@114 I believe, somewhere around there with a 2.0 60' on Nitto Drag Radials. I'm really dissapointed in the numbers since I think the car easily has an 11.7 in it with some good tires and a little better tuning.

I ran my 12.19@114 with about 21lbs and stock TC. 1.79 60' on MT DRs. So our cars seem pretty close. I have since added a 10" Converter and running a few more lbs next time out. I am hoping for 11.80s. Hopefully with a good 60' I can get it.

Sweet6 said:
I ran my 12.19@114 with about 21lbs and stock TC. 1.79 60' on MT DRs. So our cars seem pretty close. I have since added a 10" Converter and running a few more lbs next time out. I am hoping for 11.80s. Hopefully with a good 60' I can get it.

oh I should have said that run was on like 22 psi, still rich since I'm running a 100 octane chip and running 110. I think I could safely run 24 psi with the current tune and then just play with it from there. Your numbers just don't really make much since, around 114mph should be about 400rwhp if you use about a 3600 lbs weight for the car. I know I'm making more power now than I was whenever I dynoed 360, I would say I'm around 380 now, but your torque number just seems abnormally low in respect to the HP for these cars. Did you dyno it with the converter locked?

Maybe it was becuase I eased the throttle to the floor on the dyno? I don't know. My car weighs 3500 and I am 230lbs. So figure 3700+ for race weight.

The converter was unlocked. When I ran the 12.19@114. That was with 18 degrees timing and 21lbs. I will dyno the car again when I put my Alky kit on. I will see what the car does then. The next time I will smash the throttle down as soon as I start the pull.

Sweet6 said:
Maybe it was becuase I eased the throttle to the floor on the dyno? I don't know. My car weighs 3500 and I am 230lbs. So figure 3700+ for race weight.

The converter was unlocked. When I ran the 12.19@114. That was with 18 degrees timing and 21lbs. I will dyno the car again when I put my Alky kit on. I will see what the car does then. The next time I will smash the throttle down as soon as I start the pull.

Yeah I smashed the throttle and ran with the converter locked, Otherwise you're not getting very close to a 1:1 because you have a lot of drivetrain loss in the converter.

Sweet6 said:
I don't know if you saw my best ET in my sig. 12.19@114. So if you car made 400+ going 112. What do you think my car really makes? You know how dynos are??? I see guys with stock turbos saying they made 550+lbs of torque. I do not hold a lot of value in dyno numbers. They make a good conversation piece, that is about it.

No doubt. Dynojet (non loadable) and eddy current designs can
have some huge differences.

My car mostly stock, chip, test pipe, K&N
306/435 on a dyno jet non locked convertor

Current state
411/450 dynocom dyno with the convertor locked.

No wonder they call dynojets, egojets ;) Had I been on a dynojet, torque #'s
would be at 600 ft.lbs.

Sweet6-
I couldnt pass the thread up without posting.

Was your convertor unlocked when you made the pulls on the dyno?
By the torque numbers being so low, i assume so...

If your convertor was unlocked 360 is about right, cause locked it would have been 415. You have the exact turbo and injectors a buddy of mine has in his GN, he did 361 not locked, 415 locked just 1 week ago saturday.

2 weeks ago my white car went 12.34 at 110 and dynoed 361/489 on 16-19psi (locked) Now with the cold air kit it went 11.96 in my sig.

If your convertor doesnt slip too much and get a 1.6x sixty foot, your car should dip into the 11.6x...You have the power, just need to get it to hook!

Back