dyno tune Tuesday....what to expect?

Good luck and I definitely look forward to see your numbers. I have Precision SLIC going on my build, but I'll be running a Precision 6265 turbo.

Do you have any modifications to the shroud. I have seen people modify the shroud on the Precision SLIC to try and direct more air flow through the IC. Not sure if helped or not.

That was right before blowing a head gasket and maybe melting a head. Keith is going to determine what caused the damage hopefully next week.
Anyone got a set of aluminum heads for sale?

That was right before blowing a head gasket and maybe melting a head. Keith is going to determine what caused the damage hopefully next week.

Really hate to hear that.....hope you get things back together soon.

Thanks man. If the heads are fine it won't take long. If I have to repair or find new ones it might take a while

What spark plugs were you using ?
Extended Tip ?

Sorry to hear.

Bryan

That sucks, sorry about the bad luck. Any indication of what went wrong?

When it blew we were using the autolite ar3932. However, he started with NGK plugs and they went bad. We definitely should have started with the autolite.
Not exactly sure what happened yet. Keith from NC turbos is going to look at the data and figure it out.
Bryan I will let you know what I decide on the heads after we look at them.

Jeremiah should have the heads off the engine later today or tomorrow. I'm going to take my laptop to his shop and look at the last/current tune that is now in the ecm. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend the dyno tune session...

It's also my understanding that the Champion aluminum heads are one of Tom's first versions of the heads. And that they had been hurt/welded/repaired at least once in the past. Jeremiah thinks that the passenger head is hurt in the exact same area as before...

We'll see!

PS- I've also been in contact with Cal about getting it tuned when he's in the area for the event in May. So, the push is on to get Brent up and running as soon as possible...

K.

If you decide to sell the heads please let me know...

Bryan

Bryan, something of note you might be interested about... The car was making really good power, and the 6768 wasn't even in it's happy place yet. I believe there was plenty of untapped power left on the table, and Khai's work on the heads was getting it done.

K.

Bryan, something of note you might be interested about... The car was making really good power, and the 6768 wasn't even in it's happy place yet. I believe there was plenty of untapped power left on the table, and Khai's work on the heads was getting it done.

K.
I spoke with Khai about porting my heads a couple of weeks ago....:)

Jeremiah should have the heads off the engine later today or tomorrow. I'm going to take my laptop to his shop and look at the last/current tune that is now in the ecm. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend the dyno tune session...

It's also my understanding that the Champion aluminum heads are one of Tom's first versions of the heads. And that they had been hurt/welded/repaired at least once in the past. Jeremiah thinks that the passenger head is hurt in the exact same area as before...

We'll see!
Who was tuning and running the Dyno ? Hopefully he was logging and you have data to go over ...