E85 Goo, How To Say Goo Bye To It!!

Take some of the good, and put it in a glass, and pour so. E of the Lucas Ethanol stabilizer on it, and see what it does. My tester had a white residue on the glass similar to calcium from water, and the Lucas stabilizer cleaned it instantly

Personally I have used e-85 in my street and race cars for over 5 years, and never have seen or experienced any deposits on the injectors or inside the engines?

At the SEMA show over the years, I personally have talked with engineers and research employees from Joe Gibbs, Stabil and others about e-85 storage and affects on the injectors, as well as the other fuel system components.

I also was able to obtain some research documents from them as well, and have been very impressed with their e-85 additives.

The one chemical that is used in their additives is used to "blend" or assimilate the alcohol and gasoline. This chemical is used by the refineries, but they use a small amount, so the shelf life is rather short.

My local customers and myself that have used either additive have never experienced the "goo" issue.

Since my e-85 turbo cars are not driven often, I have a yearly routine to pump out all the e-85 and put a gallon or so of gasoline in the tank. I run the engine at a high idle until most of the gas is consumed, and then add back the e-85.

Maybe I am somewhat paranoid about old, bad gasoline in many cars over the years, this process make me feel better, but I never have seen goo from e-85 in my cars or local ones! :)

I had some goo when I first switched to e85 . I was running a low coolant temp of 160-170 . Ever since I raised that to 185-195 I have t seen it . Could temperature be part of the goo factor?

Based on what I have seen and heard you guys are in for a bumpy ride with e85.setting the car up to tolerate it and staying on top of the fuel system will be very important.

Based on what I have seen and heard you guys are in for a bumpy ride with e85.setting the car up to tolerate it and staying on top of the fuel system will be very important.

Going on my 5th year, and haven't had one issue. I cut the fuel filter open for inspection, and have had the tank out a couple times, and everything looks great. Smooth sailing here

Going on my 5th year, and haven't had one issue. I cut the fuel filter open for inspection, and have had the tank out a couple times, and everything looks great. Smooth sailing here
Same with me. I use a paper filter.

Sixth season here, no problems. I also run the Stabil additive and it seems to be good preventative maintenance. The 120's were pulled to be upgraded to 160's and no residue. Filter baskets were clean also.

I almost feel like we should start a data base of sorts that show the locations of the issues and which gas stations are used. Of course this may lead to more mis-information too. For instance I could blame the gas station I've used for the last couple years, but who's to say the issue didn't start 6 years ago.

Also...does anyone know if there's be an issue running the lucas stabilizer in addition to the sta-bil? Double protection sounds nice, but I'm guessing there's no testing on using both so no one would no for sure how they would react.

Thats good to know.do you drive it a lot or does it sit?

In my experience here in humid Florida, as it sits and along with any chemical basis derived, the failure seems to be tied to lack of use or simply starting the car & warming up to temp every week. Heat as with cold seems to accelerate these concerns???? Running 93 thru it helps and is best if car must sit awhile as I have experienced.....

Just cleaned a set of 120's w/ the "goo syndrome". 2 injs were heavily "goo'd" on the inlet. All 6 baskets looked very nasty.
Customer reported tank clean, filter clean, but had #6 identified as a problem.
Found a significant flow increase after 2 "hot cycles" in the ultrasonic bath.

I've been using Stabil 360 for 2 years. I took my injectors out today to see what they look like. The little bit of deposits are sticky just like e85 is anywhere where I find it and it has dried. Again,for me,getting rid of all oil in the intake stopped my injectors from building up great amounts of brown goo. DSC00894.JPG DSC00895.JPG DSC00897.JPG

I've been using Stabil 360 for 2 years. I took my injectors out today to see what they look like. The little bit of deposits are sticky just like e85 is anywhere where I find it and it has dried. Again,for me,getting rid of all oil in the intake stopped my injectors from building up great amounts of brown goo.View attachment 305624 View attachment 305625 View attachment 305626

Curious to see if you take some of the Lucas Stabilizer on a rag, and wipe it on the injector if it will take the brown spots off?

Curious to see if you take some of the Lucas Stabilizer on a rag, and wipe it on the injector if it will take the brown spots off?
I used gasoline and it came off with ease. When I used to run gasoline,there was never anything on the injectors. This little bit of deposits is nothing and the engine runs flawlessly. I'm going to switch to Lucas and see if there is any difference.