E85+pte 220lb injectors+xfi+weldon 2035

KevinB

Just letting anyone out there know that the xfi does a great job of controlling these big injectors on e85. The car drives like stock and idles like a stock car too. Going to the dyno next week. I will update then. The Weldon 2035 works great with the Weldon controller. Have about 45 minutes of continuous run time and the pump does not get hot. i got the controller is switched into "race mode" by the xfi using output 1. I'm very happy with the results.

This is on a stroker Buick v6 with a 72 gtq.

Haven't touched the spool up tune yet. This was with 2 step at 3600 and the ams500 set at about 8 psi on stage 1.

For a DFI/Holley guy, you seem to be a pretty big fan of the XFI lately. What system are you planning on running in your own car?

For a DFI/Holley guy, you seem to be a pretty big fan of the XFI lately. What system are you planning on running in your own car?
I have a Holley system for my car. This car I'm working on had a xfi in it. The car was a project someone started and never finished. Didn't run when I got it. Don't know exactly where I gave clues to me being a fan of the xfi minus this thread though? I love the dfi, wish they would have done the next generation one.

Hey Great Job,
I am going to e85 my self, I am intrested in your set up although I will be leaning more to street side of it. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.
Good luck

Thats a serious set of injectors...what are the goals of this car? I am setting my car up to run e85 and looking at new injectors, was told that 120's would be fine for mid 9's.

Bryan

Quarterpro, this is a streetcar. May see the strip once or twice.

Bryan, the keener wanted new injectors and we could not find any 160's new. My friend is a pte dealer and he got this for me for cost. That's how we ended up with them. I haven't seen the 120's go mid 9's yet. The 220's are overkill but we don't have to worry about them.

Pm me the cost for the 220's.
Dusty can get the 160's if you need them.

Bryan

Right now Ricks Hot Rod has built me a stainless steel tank with an Aeromotive Stelth pump built I . I am starting from the source of the fuel and working my way foward, but when I reach that point I certainly will keep that in mind when I get to that point.
Thanks

Will not know until Thursday when we hit the dyno. Rather have a ton of room left then being on the edge.

Oh, I think I saw .9 or something like that. I wasn't really paying attention.

We went to the dyno today. Unfortunately the mystery torque converter didn't like anything over 22psi.
However, it did 575 to the wheels on 22 psi, 18 degrees of timing and 10.9 a/f (gas scale) on e85. Turned it up to 26 psi and it went down to 570 HP. Went from 5500 rpms to 6200 pretty quick. Blowing through the converter badly. Seems like 570 was all it was going to put down. Going to get a hold of dusty for a 9.5 ptc. This car definetly will do 700+ with out kicking the crap out of it.

On the street, this car is wicked. That loose arse converter and almost 600hp with bottom end torque from e85 makes for a very fun car

Also would like to add that the Weldon controller works awesome. The pump never got hot.
Duty cycle on the 575 run was 39%.