You can type here any text you want

Ebay Billet Tensioners ???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

m233roller

Banned
WoW !! I find it hard to believe some of us paid like $465 shipped for our group buy on these billet tensioners and NOW they show up on ebay for $275 complete or $250 less the pulley. I guess it just doesn't pay to jump on the band wagon on some of these great deals ??. Only $190 difference !!

Somebody somehow somewhere got taken advantage of. I guess the guys who bought these in the group by paid for the engineering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I didn't even want the big heavy pulley mine came with in the group buy as I already own a RJC piece. We were told the the company would not sell them without the pulley and now this is an option.....and over a $200 difference in price.

What happened to the tensioner being produced in a limited run? LOL

There's another thread on this. Don't think the price would have dropped without the White Racing tensioner coming out. I bought one of the 1st billet tensioners too and would have liked a choice on the pulley. It's still an extremely nice piece.

Oh boy!

Looked up buick "grand national tensioner" on ebay. First two results were billet models at <300.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Completely ticks me off that I paid over $400 for an item that I could have spent nearly half as much for the same amount. My understanding of group buys is that the initial purchase is cheaper per unit and then it goes up after production. Meaning if the manufacturer does it right he make little to no profit on the first batch and the next units sold after the group buy because almost 100% profit.....

I see both sides. Trixdout it does appear that the manufacturer played some hardball on the price. It would appear that the manufacturer is still making a profit at $275 or whatever the cost is now.
I purchased one from him off eBay before the whites racing version. At that time he was willing to sell them $420 with pulley and $375 without.
The manufacturer is in the business of making money. It sucks but at the time we were all happy the option was available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are they both from the same manufacturer or is the eBay one a knockoff?

I took it in the a$$ with the group buy. I did not need the pulley either as I had a complete RJC set. I had to have my RJC pulley machined down for clearance to make it work with the tensioner. I guess it is all good that I have one, but I think the ebay tensioner would have worked better for me with no pulley. And of course with this one being produced now, there is no way I could sell and recoop my money.....

Last edited:
Back