Ego kill; Police / US Soldier Confrontation.

ok first of all cops do not have to wait to get hit or deal with the bs. 2nd police runs are based on priority. seems like alot of people are entitled. too many of this x or y generation that dont know respect. too many young people that never got spanked. respect is earned not given.

The 45 mins depends on neighborhood. Cops get called into a bad street in Englewood in Chicago they wait for at least 5 back up units. When there is a break in and the owner states the people that beat him up are in his house waiting for the cops its not priority anymore .If its armed robbery they will be there. If you invade a cops space you are going down. They teach them that in training. As soon as the cop walked up to him the kid started running his mouth Thats verbal assault if you ask a lawyer. The cop did step up to the punk but thats part of his training as well, but when meatbag stepped into the cop with his fists clinched he should not have did that . Thats where the cop knew he had to control the situation before it escalated any worse . The cop did take him down fast and fairly easy and knocked the wind out of him. That punk didnt get back in the cops face did he? He knew he failed . Play stupid games win stupid prizes

The 45 mins depends on neighborhood. Cops get called into a bad street in Englewood in Chicago they wait for at least 5 back up units. When there is a break in and the owner states the people that beat him up are in his house waiting for the cops its not priority anymore .If its armed robbery they will be there. If you invade a cops space you are going down. They teach them that in training. As soon as the cop walked up to him the kid started running his mouth Thats verbal assault if you ask a lawyer. The cop did step up to the punk but thats part of his training as well, but when meatbag stepped into the cop with his fists clinched he should not have did that . Thats where the cop knew he had to control the situation before it escalated any worse . The cop did take him down fast and fairly easy and knocked the wind out of him. That punk didnt get back in the cops face did he? He knew he failed . Play stupid games win stupid prizes

BS on the verbal assault- the guy was just bitching about a long ass response time not insulting or threatening.

The part that you are clearly missing is that the cop stepped towards him. My reaction would also have been a defensive posture as would have most peoples reaction. The next part that you are clearly missing is that even though the guy got into a defensive posture he didn't attack the cop it was the other way around.

Was the guy right by getting into a defensive posture?
one would get into a defensive posture when anticipating an attack.
This guys reaction was the correct one because he was attacked.
How many times you see a cop get in some ones face yelling, what do you think that is for?? To provoke the persons natural instincts into a defensive or offensive position.
Flip side
had the guy been the one that stepped toward the cop i would have been the first one saying good for his ass. But that was clearly not the case as the cop even said it him self towards the end of the video.
How much time would this guy get if he had touched the cop???? its real easy to push your average person around with that type of protection.

Where's the 21' rule?? The punk is lucky he didn't get lit up w/ a taser....
But then around here, 45 mins is the norm. Probably why not many folks even bother calling.:D

LOL @ "verbal assault". Please.

Protip: Cops should DEESCALATE a situation. Instead, this guy is a prick who wants to be the bad ass. He likely does this crap both in uniform and not. My guess is one day he is going to "posture up" to the wrong guy without his gun and badge one day and things will not go his way. THAT would be a video I'd personally like to see.

As stated by someone else, had the kid moved toward the cop first or been a threat to the "officer" (term used very loosely), then I would have zero problem with what occurred. But that's not what happened here.

well i am. thats how we do it in one of the most dangerous cities in the u.s ive never waited to see what happens and i will not take disrespect from some kid. are you leo? and if so i have some training you can learn from.lol

People dont like cops for one reason.They have run ins with them to often and cant handle that the cop has power over them.Mouth off like that to a Chicago cop and see what happens. I know a lot of cops and all except for maybe two are really cool. When I see a cop in the gas station I always says whats up and shoot the sh!t with them. If you think there is a problem with that video your wrong. The cop did what he was trained to do.

i guess whatever happened to this kid? his recent military training and or parents didnt teach him ANY respect. my whole family was in the military and have never seen such disrespect from a service member. everyone has a bad day but he shouldve given the officers a little and he probably wouldve been given some in return. all too often people think police officers get paid to get crapped on. well we are people also and wpuld like some consideration and respect.

well i am. thats how we do it in one of the most dangerous cities in the u.s ive never waited to see what happens and i will not take disrespect from some kid. are you leo? and if so i have some training you can learn from.lol

Did they take the whole serve and protect thing out ?

We don't know the details about this video .If we assume he was the victim and called for help I say it is clear the cop was a bully. Kid was a punk and more than likely had the beating from his friends coming. I think when the cop started beating his chest and saying he was a Marine he showed he was the same as the kid only he had a badge.

Oliver 12 I don't think you are the kind of cop we see in the video. Buick guys are easy going old farts right ?

yeah bradT im older now and have a little more patience. but there are those days when i need to adjust a young persons attitude.

Wall of text to follow:

Here’s how I saw the video.

Cop 1 and Guy were polite during the following (and Guy wasn’t “posturing up” in the slightest).
Cop 1: “You live here?”
Guy: “Well, I was living here for about three days now.”
Cop 1: “Ok. Are you injured?”
Guy: “Uh yea. They punched me in my face. They choked me out. Ripped my clothes. Tried to steal thousands of dollars worth of my stuff. It’s all out in front of the house. They’re waitin’ in the house to talk to you guys.”
Cop 1: “How many people are in the house?”
Guy: “Two people.”
Cop 1: “Ok.”
Guy: “One of ‘em held me down while the other one punched me in my face and they tried to steal my stuff”. [Drags from his cigarette] “And you guys took 45 minutes to get out here.”

Ok. So at this exact moment, nobody has been a smartass or raised voices. The guy stated a fact and made the fact that it took 45 minutes to get cops on scene known, although he wasn’t really rude about it. This is in NO WAY a threatening situation for either officer. If you see it as such, you are wrong or have really piss poor judgment of what constitutes a threat.

Now Cop 2 won’t stand for that. He IMMEDIATELY takes the smartass attitude and shows a complete lack of respect.
Cop 2: “Ok. Listen to me. First of all, I’m not on your time watch.”
Guy: [Responding to the smartass attitude of Cop 2] “I know. I’m on you guys’s time watch cause you guys take for fucking ever to get here.” [So is this where the threat appears? Because he said “fucking”? If so, grow a thicker skin. Again, still zero threat and no need to start going Billy Bad Ass.
Cop 2: “Second of all…” [Starts approaching Guy with a clear intent of letting it be known talking to him that way is a no-no and is also the one to “posture up”] “Second of all…”

Now, do you think maybe, just maybe, instead of going the route he did, that perhaps saying something like “I’m sorry it took so long to get here.. We are here now and want to get the situation resolved.” might would have been the better approach? No, it doesn’t give Cop 2 the chance to show his manly Marine skills. But I am thinking it would have DEESCALATED the situation quiete a bit, made the call last not very long and probably avoided a media report, complaint filing for excessive force and made the entire situation as a whole turn out for the better. But no. There’s a “threat” and now we must have a dick measuring contest.

So, Cop 2 postures up (for no good reason) and Guy 2 makes one step toward the cop indicating he doesn’t appreciate it. Now, I will grant you this wasn’t the best of ideas. However, I would think the duty to calm the situation here lies at the feet of the officers dispatched to the scene, not the guy who has just been assaulted and was likely still pissed at the situation, and then thereby made to feel even more disrespected by the people he called for assistance.

Guy: “U.S. Soldier. Bro. Know who you’re talking to. Know who you’re talking to.”
Cop 2 “Ok. Are you getting in my face?”
Guy: “Are you getting in MY face? You stepped forward to me. I did not step forward to you.”
Cope 2 “Ok. I’m tired of talking to you. (Maybe he said something different here, but that’s what it sounded like). Then followed by the slap. “I know who I’m talking to. And you’re down. Do you understand that? You’re talking to a United States Marine. Do you understand that?”
Guy: “You’re taking to a U.S. Soldier.”
Cop 2: “Ok. You’re talking to a Marine. So I suggest that you NEVER step up and get in my face again when I’m talking to you, do you understand me?”

And it goes from there. With more little remarks like “Do I need to further introduce myself? You sure I don’t need to further introduce myself?” and so on.

Now was the kid 100% right? No. I never once said that. But the entire thing could have gone down differently had Marine Cop just given the attitude a rest from the time he opened his mouth the first time.

To answer your question, no, I am not an LEO. But thanks for the offer on training. And before it's stated that my opinion on how this was handled is null since I am not an LEO, several close friends and family members are police officers. They have seen the video and oddly enough, they agree with me.

As far as where I live, it ranks in the Top 20 (# 14) of the Top 100 Most Dangerous Cities In The U.S.

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/neighborhoods/crime-rates/top100dangerous/

So I would say the officers here have a decent grasp on how to handle situations in "bad areas" of the country.

At the end of the day, we can agree to disagree. And I will also say (in case it's not obvious) I am FAR from a cop hater. Overall, I think it's one of the toughest, most thankless jobs out there. And it comes with a LOT of BS. And unfortunately, the few bad cops give a lot of the good ones a bad name. Also Oliver12, I am in no way saying you fall under the "bad cop" title. I don't know you in the slightest, so please don't take it the wrong way.

All of that said, do you see my point at all? Or was this simply how situations like this should be handed, as opposed to attempting to be more proactive with a less "let me show YOU who's boss" method of operation?

i never said i didnt see your point. come for a ride along in detroit. things are not so cut and dry from a video. most police runs can be calmed down if the complainant can and is willing to listen, most of the time they refuse to. common sense isnt so common. most of the time they just want to argue and fight.

I sure would like to see this cop who slapped this kid poster up to Christopher Dorner and see what happens to him. LOL