You can type here any text you want

Eldelbrock Tie Rod Sleeve...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gpadilla1071

Hi,

My TR needs new tie rod sleeves and I have heard a lot different opinion so far as to which one I should get. Should I go with OEM or should I go after market (e.g. Moog, Eldelbrock, etc.). Anyhow, I found some Eldelbrock sleeves at Advance Auto and was wondering if anyone have used them and how good are they? Pic provided. Thanks.

German

Attachments

• Tie rods.jpg
    Tie rods.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 87
I have the Hotchkiss sleeves on my 455 Regal. Waste of money for a street driven car IMO. Maybe a waste for a track car depending on the type of racing. Unless you're running race slicks and pulling 1+G's than I doubt your rods are bending that much if at all that you would need them.

I have the Hotchkiss sleeves on my 455 Regal. Waste of money for a street driven car IMO. Maybe a waste for a track car depending on the type of racing. Unless you're running race slicks and pulling 1+G's than I doubt your rods are bending that much if at all that you would need them.

Nope, my car is mainly a street cruiser with the occasional play aroud with other cars in the street. Actually because I have t-tops I don't feel confortable racing it. I heard that the frame of the car a little weaker than a hard top. So, what you are saying is not to with those and go with the OEM type? correct? If so, thanks very much for your advice. :smile:

Back