You can type here any text you want

Engine block back from shop...check out the cam bearings!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
When I had a stock replacement timing set (with no nylon) I used to get glittery oil filters and afros on my drain plug. That set lasted 100,000 miles and didn't take out the bottom end.

That actually makes a lot of sense. Now that I think about it, the glitter was about the same color as the gear and it was a cheap Cloyes set.

It was a Cloyes set that I had too. Back then it wasn't powdered metal and was the recommended set to have for stock engines. I put a magnetic drain plug at the same time as the timing set so I didn't know if the afro was new... 100,000 miles later when the Cloyes set stripped, I had to replace the timing cover (that's when I wrote that article) because the debris chewed up the oil pocket. I went back with a stock nylon coated set and the afro stopped right then.

Nice hood prop! I saw one similar on the 2012 power tour.... Maybe this guy shops at the same parts store.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1373347035.712385.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Back