You can type here any text you want

engine machine shop questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The block was lined honed after the girdle was installed.
.009 + .005 = .014 comming off the highest piston top face, then pistons rebalanced is what Rick told me.
I am a machinist, but my area of work is a little different then the automobile engine. American Hydro Corporation : Home The capacity of my cnc universal boring mill rotary table is 100 tons.

Chuck

The block was lined honed after the girdle was installed.
.009 + .005 = .014 comming off the highest piston top face, then pistons rebalanced is what Rick told me.
I am a machinist, but my area of work is a little different then the automobile engine. American Hydro Corporation : Home The capacity of my cnc universal boring mill rotary table is 100 tons.

Chuck

Based on our phone conversation, tonight, I feel he will be FINE with having the pistons cut to fit the deck heighth. His machist sounds like a good guy. Most machinist would tell YOU to bring the engine back to THEM and then they'll look at it. Been there, done that. .014" is not a big deal, IMO. The balance will be a bit off, but probably will be ALOT better than a factory balance job, anyway.

Update on a old thread

Decided to go with fullthrottles 210/215 roller cam and TA Performance T&D 1.65 rockers. The old motor is out and on a 2nd engine stand. I have to let everyone know that Full Throttle Speed really came through on just about all my engine parts (roller rockers where on back order and I got the 1.65 on ebay). With the valve train set-up I discovered that my push rods where .050 longer then the perfect length. That is, the set screw lip was recessed in the rocker arm by .05 or one whole turn of the screw. I emailed Marianne (Mike's Wife) over at Fullthrottlespeed and she told me to send the 8.225 push rods back and she would get me the custom size that I wanted.... (8.175) I was really shocked at that level of service. They where shipped last Thursday, I should recieve them any day. With any luck I should have the car back on the road soon.

Chuck

It's IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said on the other board in the magna section, I've got the willy's of this thread, and it will soon be done. The push rods came later Monday after my last post and the push rods are the perfect length here is a link to some pictures Picasa Web Albums - Chuck - 2009-06-08 .
Anyway the motor mounts are torqued down and the 6 tranny/block bolts are tight :) . Just a couple of more hours and it should be ready....

Chuck

It's Alive !!

Oh the anicipation. I know the feeling, good luck to ya.

Thanks Sam, you helped me out alot with the torque plate and I appreciate all the positive comments over the months....ok years in building this project.

The car fired right up, no issues so far, very quiet valve train, engine too...

Chuck

Update on a old thread, broke the crank between the #1 / #2 piston journal, I look to be upgrading to a forged crank, I got about 24,000 miles out of this build so far. Just got the oil pan off today (just pulled the motor today also) I'll need to check out #1 bore real close, but if all is well, I may have gotten off pretty lucky.

Chuck

Back