You can type here any text you want

Engine temperature

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jlbeck

Any thoughts on engine temperature. I am looking at Hypertech 41372 chip which recommends 160 deg. They also have one for 180 deg. but recommended the 160 version. Said more HP.

Don't know whats in there now so I would just replace thermostat. E-mailed turbo tweak twice with no reply but from reading his web page he sounds like he is more interested in modified cars than daily drivers. Car has a pitbull chip but not the number commonly mentioned in the past on this forum. I have absolutely no idea what that chip is or was. Talked to Hypertech and they explained exactly what their chip does and it sounds like my cup of tea. My car is basically stock.

Jesus.... if you are really considering a hypertech chip, you obviously have no clue about these cars.... no disrespect, but seriously.... they were **** when they were last updated about 1992 and not worth the plastic they are made of.... do yourself a favor and order a turbotweek chip for YOUR car.... all you have to do is explain exactly what is.... or isn't.... stock and Eric will cut you a chip that is LIGHTYEARS better than any hypercrap/atr pitbull early 90's technology you speak of..... you obviously have ALOT of reading/learning to do.... sorry to sound like an ass... but jeez... hypertech??? really????? :rolleyes:

and fwiw.... 'engine temperature' for a title to this thread is a big 'fail'...

Had Hyper-chip...

before :eek::redface: The TT is 1,000 % better. You will not be disappointed.
besides the better cold starting, you will have flexability for fuel and ign. timing in the event you will want to increase the HP.(which is very difficult not to!:biggrin:)

Eric/ TurboTweak is not biased towards race, hot street, or bone stock cars.

What he is & does is burns a custom tuned chip just for you. Unlike what a Hypertech, JET, or other such chip. Those "other" chips are nothing more than a mass produced piece of $hit that will do nothing for better driveability or performance. DO NOT get anything other than a TT chip.

A TT chip will be like I said, just for your car. It will be a custom tuned chip for your injector size, octane level, turbo, heads, intake, fuel system, thermostat temp, desired boost level, etc. etc. In otherwords, they are not interchangable from car to car, a TT chip is yours & yours alone.

I read in one of your other threads that you are a 67 yr old gentleman, who from the sounds of it, has no interest in being a speed demon like us "young" whippersnappers:biggrin:, but please do yourself a favor and get a TT chip. It will be the best $90 you can spend on the car. Plus, a TT chip is user tuneable. If you do get the itch for more power, you can increase or decrease the timing and fuel curves yourself, if you have a Scanmaster, Powerlogger or other such tuning device.

Oh, and get a Scanmaster ASAP. You really need to know if the engine is pulling any timing from detonation, plus be able to monitor other vitals of the engine.

I have been in touch with Eric. I have ordered a Scanmaster and Eric has explained the functional difference between his chip and the Pit Bull now in there. When I get the scanmaster hooked up and figured out I will determine my next step.:smile::smile:

Back