englishtown.

ulose2av6

i you thought you guys would like to know that we got spanked at englishtown again. To all you guys that brag that his or her car is going 10's plus i think that you better stop smoking crack and get to the track. honestly we got smashed by stangs again. soon or a later there will be no more buicks vs mustangs. just venting on all the bragsters.

we got spanked.:mad: the damn problem is there are to many mustangs and not enough buicks. im not saying that the buicks were dogs cause there were some damn quick ones. but what happened to the 7 second and 8 second cars.:(

Yeah I was there too watching. Man we got spanked badly. I'd see a 10 second gn racing an 8 sec stang. Didn't see any 7 sec GNs either.

Where the heck were ya Jeff? I was down in our usual spot under the blue EZ-up by the staging lanes. Sometimes spectating, sometimes wrenching.

Ahh well, hope all is well, maybe see ya next time :)

Dont worry guys for just as many fast mustangs there are 10 times as many slow ones on the street. They dont make our cars anymore, so you have to expect that people will stop using these as race cars sooner or later.

Originally posted by nickb
Dont worry guys for just as many fast mustangs there are 10 times as many slow ones on the street. They dont make our cars anymore, so you have to expect that people will stop using these as race cars sooner or later.

I think this is the answer, really (other than the obvious, which is our guys were slower than their guys). Mustangs are a dime a dozen. They're cheap to modify - and to fix when they break. Plus, they're still making them. They haven't made a turbo Buick since '87.

It's still fun to get out there and race anyway. I wish I coulda made it this year - yesterday was beautfiful - but I have this basement thing going on and I gotta finish before my wife pops kid #2 out - which will be very soon.

Hope y'all had fun anyway.

Jim

Originally posted by turboaddict2
Yeah I was there too watching. Man we got spanked badly. I'd see a 10 second gn racing an 8 sec stang. Didn't see any 7 sec GNs either.

There are very few 7 sec GN's in the whole country. As for fewer and fewer GN's they quit making them 15 years ago. They still make 100,000+ Mustangs per year.

What I see at the races is that the GN's got from the 12's to 10 second area covered good but after that it cost a lot of money to get them faster.

Oh well that is life.

In my opinion a mustang that is a trailored in 2 x 4 with a huge engine in it is no longer a mustang.
Do they street drive those mustangs?
I doubt it.
Every street raced mustang I have ever seen gets killed by every street raced Turbo Buick I have seen.
If they have a gutted out shell running 7's then they should run against a dragster.
If they have a street legal car then they should run against street legal cars.

Nicely said! Street night at the track near me, they get their butts handed to them by ricers. Mustangs are very disapointing on the street.

jim, i was hanging in the stands with my girlfriend. i seen you when we were leaving and at that point she was saying lets get the hell out of here.:eek:

The fastest Gn we had out there was Dale Cherry, he went 8.30 @ 167 before he broke something. Truly an amazing pass! Then we had Tony Gomes in at 9.10xx and Jack with a 9.33. John Schmidt had his 7sec GN powered opel there but he broke the day before. We definitely needed some of the heavy hitters out there. There is another GN vs. Mustang shootout at Atco on Nov. 11 and 12, but thats the same weekend as Reynolds, GA.

Dale blew a head gasket on that 8.30 pass. Dave Koepel was the only other Buick in the 8's, at about 8.7 in Joe Copson's old TTA. I heard that lots of the fast Buick guys didn't get invited this year, but no idea if that's true or why. Notables I didn't see include Ski, Pete Bernard, Bill Anderson, Alan Witter, Buddy Cox, and Big Al off the top of my head. I heard that Eric Rankin broke either during the week or last weekend and couldn't make it. There were only five pairs in the heads-up pro tree war; our only win was against a Mustang that broke just after the launch. It was more even in the bracket racing but I don't know the final results. Jack Cotton, Trey Crease, and ESP Performance were about the only vendors. I thought that there was a good crowd. The stands were about half full and the pits were crowded with cars and people. The weather was good - lots of sunshine.

John Schmidt's Opel went 7.80 something Saturday before the rain came. But he had troubles too. I believe that would have been the fastest of the event.

I saw Tony Gomes on the line as his car was next to mine. What did he run, i have seen that car into the 8's at ATCO:confused:

what ever happend to the flamed TR that used to run in the 7's ?

havent seen it in the past 3 events ive covered

the one in the far lane

DCP01729.JPG