You can type here any text you want

expected hp with ported heads

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

slimtastic

yea dude...I rock
i know the question i pose has alot of variables and therfore can be quite difficult to answer, but i was wondering how much hp could be expected out of a set of ported big valve iron heads and matching intake? my last dyno runs without any head/intake work was 402 hp and 407 tq on pump gas and no alky.....20 lbs

non lock up 3000 10.5 converter
Journal bearing PTE billet 6262 .63 back side
custom "giant" front mount intercooler
120lbs injectors
160 thermostat (that opens whenever it F#%king wants to)
atr driver side header and stock pass side (minus external WG)
thdp 3"
tial external wg 44mm
rjc powerplate
212-212 cam (recently verified)
dead stock valvetrain other than cam
dead stock heads (lt1 springs)
dead stock intake manifold
dead stock upper and TB
short block is unknown,(id guess a rebuild with .030 overs thats it)
tuned on a Big Stuff 3 by myself

i was guessing/ hoping that on 93 with no alky and 20 lbs id be around the 475 hp mark...but i just dont know and cant find any comparable dyno results or track times. any input?

I don't have any dyno numbers, but based on my et/mph (see sig.) the car is well into the 500 hp. range.

Got plenty to go from 20lbs.;)

Alky with 2 gals. of 110 in half a tank of 93. 26# boost; 24/21 timing.

It gives you an idea of what your turbo/combo is capable of when you get the speed bug and decide to stop running straight 93 with no alky. :)

It gives you an idea of what your turbo/combo is capable of when you get the speed bug and decide to stop running straight 93 with no alky. :)

sadly i dont think ill ever get the "alky bug", ive been into buicks for the past 9 years. i figure it would have happened by now.

but its not all bad, ive gone 115mph with no alky, 93, and no heads so far

If you don't drive over the converter you should be in the 540whp area@25-26psi with timing around 21-22*. You will need to clean up your stock intake around the injector pads. 475@19-20psi should be doable.

Back