You can type here any text you want

Extender Chip Install On A TTA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AKTURBOTA

I bought the Extender Chip for my TTA. I have a question regarding the install for a TTA, since the supplied intructions are for a Turbo Regal.

The intructions make sense for changing the chip, but are incomplete from this point:

"Remove the locking 'comb' from the top side of the large connector and insert the small terminal of the supplied wire into cavity D11 as shown in figure 1." The instructions do not include figure 1.

"Run this wire above the plastic footwell trim to the front end of the console. Attach the supplied tap connector to the gray wire that runs down from behind the radio and disappears under the console. Plug the supplied wire into the tap connector."

My questions are as follows:

I am not certain where "cavity D11" is located. Can someone tell me?

Which wire do I connect to on a TTA to properly tap into the parking lights and where is it located approximately?

My thanks in advance to anyone who can assist me. I would like to rely on the knowledge of those that have gone before me, than to forge new ground by trial and error.

Your description sounds like your Extender version is different than mine....I don't know what to tell you. But, there is a website set up to answer all your questions about the Translator and Extender Here :)

Someone here may know what to tell you....In case they don't, someone there will know for sure ;)

Best Regards,

How are the salmon running so far this year? :D

leeb

Originally posted by lburou
Your description sounds like your Extender version is different than mine....I don't know what to tell you. But, there is a website set up to answer all your questions about the Translator and Extender Here :)

Someone here may know what to tell you....In case they don't, someone there will know for sure ;)

Best Regards,

How are the salmon running so far this year? :D

leeb

The salmon are running strong!:D

Isn't there anyone that give me a few clues on how to properly install the Extender Chip in a TTA? :confused:

Send TurboBob an e-mail (he's the mad scientist who designed your chip) here: turbobob@bailey-eng.com

He is first rate in customer service, and, always happy to help. :)

I'm confused, because my Translator box is something like version 6.1....My extender chip is version "E".... :confused:

Bob will know whatsupwiththat ;)

Back