You can type here any text you want

Extender Chip Installation

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AKTURBOTA

I bought the Extender Chip for my TTA. I have a question regarding the install for a TTA, since the supplied intructions are for a Turbo Regal.

The intructions make sense for changing the chip, but are incomplete from this point:

"Remove the locking 'comb' from the top side of the large connector and insert the small terminal of the supplied wire into cavity D11 as shown in figure 1." The instructions do not include figure 1.

"Run this wire above the plastic footwell trim to the front end of the console. Attach the supplied tap connector to the gray wire that runs down from behind the radio and disappears under the console. Plug the supplied wire into the tap connector."

My questions are as follows:

I am not certain where "cavity D11" is located. Can someone tell me?

Which wire do I connect to on a TTA to properly tap into the parking lights and where is it located approximately?

My thanks in advance to anyone who can assist me. I would like to rely on the knowledge of those that have gone before me, than to forge new ground by trial and error.

This is for a GN, but it should be close.

Cavity D11 is the 11th Spot from the rear of the car on the drivers side of the larger connector. There should be an empty spot where the wire would go.

To find the gray wire, just find any light that turns on when the head lights are on and tap into it. That's as good as I can help you having never seen a TTA in person. Sorry.

the grey locking clip is numbered just look for 11 an that is the spot should be right next to a black wire and it is the larger of the 2 plugs

Back