You can type here any text you want

FAST Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

vr6t

hey, I'm wondering if anyone has come across a particular problem before.
I have the FAST system installed in my car. I had the system up and running on my old laptop with win2k.
I bought a new laptop, and it doesn't have a serial port, I bought a USB/Serial adapter, and set it up to com2, as well I set the FAST to read com2 (the port was not in use). The computer has winXP. Since I've installed the FAST software (CCOM WP) into the new computer (from the floppy disk that came with the system), when I run the CCCOM WP EXE, the splash screen says DEMO MODE, and has a Serial# 0, and Dealer# 1... I try to connect and it says ECU NOT FOUND. I'm not sure if its the new com adapter, winxp, or the fact that the program says its in DEMO MODE. I talked to FAST and they said the floppy might be screwed, and that it shouldn't say DEMO MODE, but its the same copy that I ran before from the original FAST floppy, and it installs perfectly, and runs perfectly, its just in DEMO MODE. Do they all say DEMO MODE until its read the ECU? how does the unit serial number, and dealer Number get updated in the software? I can't adjust the ECU Configuration before it is disabled in my list, and I cannot connect my ECU because it says its not found. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
James

Sounds like an older version that you have. All versions of C-ComWP will be in demo mode until the first time communication is established. But I think that was an issue in earlier versions that the com setup stuff was disabled in demo mode.

Call the guys back at the tech line and talk them out of a new version of C-ComWP. As for the no communication issue, it will work under XP, but the USB adapters seem to be hit or miss. Wish I had a list of known "good" and "bad" ones... what do you have?

I have version 1.0.0.5 of the software, is there a newer version? I thought the software would be in DEMO MODE until the first time it saw the ECU because there is no way for the software of knowing what the ECU is until it sync's the first time.

my USB/SERIAL adapter is made by Belkin. I was thinking of taking my PC out to the garage and hooking it up to see if it works, and if so taking the Adapter back, and trying to find a different one. I think I'll try that tonight.

ps. I asked FAST if there was an updated version, and they said I'd have to talk to the dealer I bought it off. I won't bother trying to get a hold of a newer version if one doesn't exist, what is the latest version of the software?

The adapters work but usually when you install the driver it will designate a port for use with the adapter.

The software may have designated com 1 as the port to use. If that is the case you need to go to Control panel, network connections and disable the driver. Once you do that you can change port setting to what you want and it should work.

Typically you can set the FAST on com 1 and the adapter as well.

It should link up then.

1.005 is the latest so you are all set there. I must have misunderstood you, sorry about that.

I have tried two different Belkin adapters. The F5U-103 worked in about 2 minutes. The F5U-109 wouldn't work for me after an entire day of messing with it. :mad:

Reggie, it set the default to com1 I believe, but it was already in use. With the USB adapter I can set the com port up to com256. I went in and changed the com to comport2 because it was the only port between 1-4 that said it wasn't in use. then I set the FAST to com2 as well.

Craig, I have the Belkin F5U409. I wonder if this is the same one you couldn't get to work? The store I bought this from only had this one, if I can't get it to work, I'll have to look somewhere else for one. was it a 109 or 409 that you tried?

It was a 109 we tried.

Hey, we sell USB adapters now! Very recent addition to the product line. Part number 30-7044. You should be able to get one through your dealer.

Back