You can type here any text you want

FAST seq unit with wideband issues

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ttypewhite

I hooked the laptop up to my Dad's car yesterday and noticed the actual air fuel ofthe car never changed from idle or driving around. What is causing this? Is there a way to reset the ecu and upload the program again? The car drives fine, no stumbles or ill effects. But I guess its now like one of the first DFI's that came out (batch fire) that gives no correction, only what the map says. Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.
The car has a distributor on it if that helps.

That is very strange whats the a/f reading constantly?

In the lower right hand corner of the screen the "WB" or wide band with a symbol there should be lit up and working... if not the wideband is shot.
THere are some readings you can look at on the "Dashboard" sensor page that would determine if that sensor is bad.
Note the UGEO Reading (I'm going off memory) in voltage.
I beleive that if the O2 is not operating it go's back into batch fire. I know you have to have a signal from both crank and cam sensor to make sequential as well.
When I first got my box back from being converted the O2 peramters were off. I needed to send it back to get it calibrated.
Let us know how it gos,
Scott~

Mike,

Probably unlikely... but Have you or your dad by chance washed the engine off before this? if the WB02 connector gets soaked.. it needs to be unplugged for a few days to dry up.. happened to be the day before the Pinks event.. so I had no way to tune the car.

In the lower right hand corner of the screen the "WB" or wide band with a symbol there should be lit up and working... if not the wideband is shot.
THere are some readings you can look at on the "Dashboard" sensor page that would determine if that sensor is bad.
Note the UGEO Reading (I'm going off memory) in voltage.
I beleive that if the O2 is not operating it go's back into batch fire. I know you have to have a signal from both crank and cam sensor to make sequential as well.
When I first got my box back from being converted the O2 peramters were off. I needed to send it back to get it calibrated.
Let us know how it gos,
Scott~

Thanks Scott, I think the 02 is toast. I tried that and saw that the 02 is not responding. Which is weird. Cause on my car, when my 02 went south, I couldn't hold a idle and the car chugged black smoke like no tomorrow until i clicked off the closed loop box. I guess thats because mine is a bank to bank and his is Seq.:confused:

Mike,

Probably unlikely... but Have you or your dad by chance washed the engine off before this? if the WB02 connector gets soaked.. it needs to be unplugged for a few days to dry up.. happened to be the day before the Pinks event.. so I had no way to tune the car.

My Dad is always cleaning under his hood, but never uses water on it. It gets the WD40 treatment in a cloth and then rubs things down:D I took my ecu and wideband out of my car and plugged it in his and everything is good. So at least that elimunates wiring as being the culpret, thank goodness. Cause I suck at electrical trouble shooting. Below is his motor.
DSC03282.jpg

DSC03283.jpg

I heard that there is a cheaper fix for this wideband now that don't require a $300+ 02 sensor. Is there any trueth to this? BTW this is not a XFI setup its the Classic FAST seq unit. I think this has been gone a long time ago and he never realized it cause the car still ran champ. I was just courious where his air fuel was because he would stink me out of the garage when he fired it up. can you say RICH:eek:
So can someone point me in the right direction to getting a new wideband and calibration file for his unit? Again thanks for your help guys.

Yep.. Call FAST. I dont' know but you might be able to call Hartline... there's an "option file" that needs to be uploaded.. this takes away the keying of the O2 sensor to the ECM. I think it's a cheap file.. like $15.

I will probably have to do this eventually.

Yep, we can get you the option file. The sensor costs under $200.

Cal.... I had Craig Smith make my batch box a sequential. and the option file is loaded. If I wanted to use a AEM wideband sensor (for a 2 1/16 gauge) and use it for the ECU as well... how do I calibrate the sensor?
(factory FAST) wide band is still installed now.

Thanks for any information as you've always been a huge help when I've and others have needed it.
Scott.

Back