FAST XFI Install

blackgn1

Set on TSM Boost
fastplate1.jpg
I'm going to go thru the steps I took to install the FAST XFI from Hartline Performance. While waiting on the system to arrive I made the mounting plate.

I pulled the intake to tap for the Air Temp Sensor. While there I am moving all the vacuum lines from the top of the throttle body to the rear the intake. This will clean up the engine compartment and also make working on the car easier.

Thanks. They will all be hidden. Using push lock fittings on most of the lines. I really never liked all that mess on top of the throttle body. Always in the way.:D

Cool idea. Curious to see the vac hose arrangement once she is all together. Keep us up to date!

you can also tap the front of the manifold to run the fpr vacuum line, its easier then coming from around the back of the intake for it.

you can also tap the front of the manifold to run the fpr vacuum line, its easier then coming from around the back of the intake for it.
from pic he posted it looks like he already planned for that

Last but not least......Always liked seeing the Scanmaster to monitor knock. The new Scanmaster 3 for FAST XFI.
scanmaster.jpg

I got emails from Hartline Performance telling me the system had shipped. I took a few minutes to look at the paper work. Everything seems clear and easy to understand. What I thought was most impressive was Cal and I talking about the system before I purchased it. It was late when I called but still took the time to go over tons of information.

platewithbolts.jpg
Welded nuts to the back of the mounting plate so the FAST box can be removed while leaving the plate and kick panel in place. Black carpet for the plate came today also.

A couple things I failed to mention. All intake bolt holes were helicoiled and stainless studs will be used on the upper plenum.