FAST XFI Install

If I have said it once I've said it 100 times...once you go XFI you'll never look back and then sit and wonder why you waited so long....p/s. Weldon pumps are the best I can send pics if your interested...

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'm already seeing there is another world out there when tuning. I had great luck with all my Turbo Tweak Chips over the years. They were great. Just the step to new technology has been a great trip. I got my moneys worth just installing this and having fun doing it. Now for tuning. I don't think there is a limit to what I can do. I can't wait to get home today and check my idle again and maybe make a few trips down the road. I was up in the air about the change for over a year. I already see I should have done it sooner.

Used some of my left over plate and carpet and made a ash tray switch panel.
switchpanel.jpg

Red switch is the line lock. Blue switch is theFAST internal data logger. Sorry for the extra large pictures.
switches.jpg

Very nice install. I enjoyed the push lock setup pictures a lot.

Oh, as far as cleaning the engine bay, you can pull the cruise wiring out as well, its just that one ground bolt on the fender and the vacuum hose on the brake pedal and then put a plug in the grommet hole on the firewall.

The PCV system is almost done. Since I kept the PCV system I decided to eliminate oil getting into the intake. My vacuum block always showed signs of oil. I tapped the intake right above the PCV valve with a 3/8 hose barb with 1/8 pipe thread. The 3/8 hose runs out of the intake to the catch can with a check valve between to keep the can from getting pressurized by boost. The 3/8 hose runs out of the can to the PCV valve. The Moroso catch can is a extremely nice piece. No more oil going in the intake. I ordered the Auto Zone PCV #1162 valve. This one is recommended by Eric at Turbo Tweak and Turbo Bob. It is plastic not metal like the Delco.

Car is complete. Cal's tune was great. I made a safe 22psi hit with no change to the startup program. I have a base tune to work off of now. This could be installed and you could be out driving in a day. I did a ton of extra work with the vacuum lines and inside wiring. When I made my first hit I just flipped my internal logger switch and downloaded the run when I got the car parked. Awesome. Still had my Scanmaster to watch for knock. Car drives cleaner than it ever has.

Glad things are going so good for you. I'm back in the states again, so feel free to text/call if you have any questions or need anything

I have some xfi under my belt now. Car has never had such great street manners. As I tune WOT I am amazed how the car picks up. I have spent lots of time comparing logs and learning how this system works. All in all it has been relatively easy. My tune is clean and I feel its making more power at lower boost. Track slips will prove my thoughts. I was going to move my Powerlogger and SD setup to my wifes car but after this past week it will be running on the FAST system. I am now willing to drop off some of the bolts ons and shiney parts for engine management. The chip is great on her car now but I am so sold on aftermarket engine management it's the route I want to take. I enjoy the tuning as much as driving the car. I just wanted to inform the guys reading this thread that I have had great success with the XFI and I should have done it sooner.

I agree with you totally. I too had great success with chips but since i went to XFI i wish i'd done it sooner. I actually looked at this thread and installed mine identical to yours. Waiting to see your track results. My car ran a 6.59 at 106 with 93+alky and low timing in the 1/8 on its XFI debut.

Great track time. I have been 105mph in the 1/8 on the chip. I will beat that first pass. I can tell just by the butt dyno. Its like having a different car.

New hard data from the FAST XFI. The car made 50 more horsepower with 2psi boost less. I have many years of experience tuning with a chip on multiple cars. Interesting data I thought I would pass on to you guys.

Cal took time in Bowling Green to check the tune which was a big deal since he was covered up with TSO race car tunes. I mean covered up.:D When we all get home from Bowling Green hes going tune the car a little more. Way more in it.

New hard data from the FAST XFI. The car made 50 more horsepower with 2psi boost less. I have many years of experience tuning with a chip on multiple cars. Interesting data I thought I would pass on to you guys.

That's good stuff right there. Congrats on the car improvements!

I spent two weeks emailing and texting back and forth with cal about tuning issues. Even went as far as to drive the car down to BG for him to look at. Leaving my own car home and not running it. I was there for all 4 days. Never looked at it for me. Even picked another XFI while I was there for another car. Very disappointed!!!!!

Glad you got yours resolved thou.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app