You can type here any text you want

Fastest 6 Speed IRS car!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
That car is really sick!!!:cool: To be honest though I am more impressed by the Supras that are slowly getting closer to these times with a lot less cubes and 4 less holes:wink::eek: Don't know if the Supras will ever be able to break the 7 sec barrier with a 6spd/IRS (especially at or near full weight) but seeing how this Viper set the bar pretty high I'm sure it will inspire some guys to try:biggrin:

Don't foget those Supras are also running two power adders where the Viper is running boost only. What the Supra guys are able to do with a 6 cylinder is impressive for sure but when it comes right down to it you just can't beat cubic inches. A friend of mine had/has a 1300 hp Supra that he ran in drag radial last year, but the rules only allowed one power adder and 1300hp just wasn't enough to be competitive. This year the same Supra will have a 430+ cubic inches Nelson LSX motor with twin 47-88's and run in True 10.5/Limited with well over 2000HP!

No doubt, when all things are equal (power adders) you can't beat cubic inches! That sounds like a pretty wicked Supra, and I know there is another one that is build for Drag Radial with a 106mm SBC. Obviously, if you're looking to compete with the big dogs in just about any type of HU racing (Drag Radial, Limited Street, Outlaw 10.5, etc.) a V8 is mandatory.

I will post some pics of my buddy's car when I get some good ones. It is a very nice car and some of the details are amazing. It went 10.04 with the 2JZ with a 72mm turbo and pretty basic mods a few years back in 100% street trim and full wieght. Then he got bit by the racing bug and it has been evolving ever since. I agree with you that while cubic inches are needed in a heads up class type situation I love to see anything out of the ordinary go fast and I am always impressed with what people can do with various set ups. The Supra guys have gotten some very impressive performance out of a small engine(even by Buick standards!;) )! I am a firm believer that its not only about going fast its how you go fast also that make it enjoyable.

I present to you proof.

My boys from Boost Logic have already run 7's with their stock IRS suspension Supra.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIAZyDSGI3E[/YOUTUBE]

Talk about getting it done...
They have held the records for quiet sometime now. And FWIW, they did run 7.90s with the 6 spd.

Patrick

That's impressive and I think there are other Supras in the 7's also but mainly we were talking about 6 speed/IRS full wieght(or close to it) type cars. It is impressive that the stock IRS holds up. Below is a pic my buddy's SUpra coming out of the burn out box with both air bags deployed! It broke the yoke off the rear and the driveshaft slapped the floor pan so hard it set off the air bags! That was a TRD diff. It broke the stock diff two weeks earlier on drag radials! It now has a Fab 9.

Attachments

• adamab.jpg
    adamab.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 279
Supras are just awesome. Someday i'll have one. Unfortunately I would have to spend 3 times what I have in my car to own a Supra:mad:. Nevertheless, still my 2nd favorite car:D.

Supras are just awesome. Someday i'll have one. Unfortunately I would have to spend 3 times what I have in my car to own a Supra:mad:. Nevertheless, still my 2nd favorite car:D.

I have a few friends with Supras and I like them but I think they priced too high. A nice twin turbo car will easly set you back $25K and the parts are high also. $2k header, $1800 intakes, etc. I would rather buy the procharged big block 68 Camaro in the for sale section for that kind of money!! I think the prices will come back down to a more realistic level in the not to distant future and if so I would not mind having a Supra myself.

My boys from Boost Logic have already run 7's with their stock IRS suspension Supra.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIAZyDSGI3E[/YOUTUBE]

Talk about getting it done...
They have held the records for quiet sometime now. And FWIW, they did run 7.90s with the 6 spd.

Patrick

Patrick,

Do you have any video or proof of them running 7.90's with the 6spd in that car? Never heard they had put the 6spd in that car although I know it has run 7's on the stock IRS at 3100lbs.

That's impressive and I think there are other Supras in the 7's also but mainly we were talking about 6 speed/IRS full wieght(or close to it) type cars. It is impressive that the stock IRS holds up. Below is a pic my buddy's SUpra coming out of the burn out box with both air bags deployed! It broke the yoke off the rear and the driveshaft slapped the floor pan so hard it set off the air bags! That was a TRD diff. It broke the stock diff two weeks earlier on drag radials! It now has a Fab 9.

That is a sweet looking Supra! If money grew on trees I would also like to have one parked next to my Buick.:cool:

I have a few friends with Supras and I like them but I think they priced too high. A nice twin turbo car will easly set you back $25K and the parts are high also. $2k header, $1800 intakes, etc. I would rather buy the procharged big block 68 Camaro in the for sale section for that kind of money!! I think the prices will come back down to a more realistic level in the not to distant future and if so I would not mind having a Supra myself.

The price of the Supra has stood strong since the Fast and the Furious. I too hope they come down in price but I think that is unlikely. It was just a car that was decades ahead of its time and it's a shame Toyota has not made another muscle car since.

Patrick,

Do you have any video or proof of them running 7.90's with the 6spd in that car? Never heard they had put the 6spd in that car although I know it has run 7's on the stock IRS at 3100lbs.

I will contact Kean tomorrow and see what they have and let you know.

Patrick

Here's a pass from a few days ago.

YouTube - Titan Supra 7.71@185 mph

Here's what Gary had to say about the pass.

Me and Brett took it out yesterday at Orlando Speed World . Went 1.247 60' 5.05 at 145 1/8 7.71 at 185 . See video above .

We made another attempt that was 1.222 60' and 4/100 's better to the 330' . Car was blowing out the spark so I got out of it . Would have easily been a mid 7.6 .

Started raining right after that .

Both these passes were more or less shakedown passes and hardly sprayed any of the available nos kits . I got on one kit about the 1000 ft

For those that dont know , this is still stock irs , axles and gears .

This is a new record for supras so were pretty happy

Here's a pass from a few days ago.

YouTube - Titan Supra 7.71@185 mph

Here's what Gary had to say about the pass.

Me and Brett took it out yesterday at Orlando Speed World . Went 1.247 60' 5.05 at 145 1/8 7.71 at 185 . See video above .

We made another attempt that was 1.222 60' and 4/100 's better to the 330' . Car was blowing out the spark so I got out of it . Would have easily been a mid 7.6 .

Started raining right after that .

Both these passes were more or less shakedown passes and hardly sprayed any of the available nos kits . I got on one kit about the 1000 ft

For those that dont know , this is still stock irs , axles and gears .

This is a new record for supras so were pretty happy

Thanks for sharing that Dusty!:cool: It is amazing how fast these guys are going on the stock IRS, figures that the Titan crew would be the ones to raise the bar as they always seem to due so with anything that is powered by a Toyota 2JZ motor.

Back