Fastest Pump Gas / Alky Car...?

u can put me way low down on the list 93 an alky 10.97 ... Julio I have one of your first pumps how much is a new style pump now

I put the new pump on as I didn't know you had to drain the alky out of the lines, Replaced the one on the SSR to, Might know how fast the GN runs next year as we work the traction problem out, We just run 20-22 pounds of boost and the chip is burned for 26-28 I think, The best we run was 10.40 at 131, Coming off with the foot break at about 5 pounds of boost, I think I might have the fastest pump gas 5200 pound 04 Chevy SSR with your pump, 11.30's at 119

I put the new pump on as I didn't know you had to drain the alky out of the lines, Replaced the one on the SSR to, Might know how fast the GN runs next year as we work the traction problem out, We just run 20-22 pounds of boost and the chip is burned for 26-28 I think, The best we run was 10.40 at 131, Coming off with the foot break at about 5 pounds of boost, I think I might have the fastest pump gas 5200 pound 04 Chevy SSR with your pump, 11.30's at 119

Thats not hard.. not that many modded SSR's :D

Keep us POSTED!!!!

Hope you can make it to Bowling Green!!!!!!

Thats not hard.. not that many modded SSR's :D
Razor I think if we can ever get the SSR to the track, Seems it rains ever test and tune, We might get a 10 sec. run, Was just thinking I saw a nice 87 grand national roller, The engine in the SSR is built for boost, 8 to1 pistons and just have a little 122 maggie with 8-10 pounds of boost, Wonder what it would do in that roller with a 88 turbo on it, When we put the alky kit on the SSR a friend said that won't make any difference, He doesn't say that now, Will do on keeping you posted, By the way Razor here is me racing my 87 grand national, He said he would say 1,000 before he took off

Last edited:
Razor I think if we can ever get the SSR to the track, Seems it rains ever test and tune, We might get a 10 sec. run, Was just thinking I saw a nice 87 grand national roller, The engine in the SSR is built for boost, 8 to1 pistons and just have a little 122 maggie with 8-10 pounds of boost, Wonder what it would do in that roller with a 88 turbo on it, When we put the alky kit on the SSR a friend said that won't make any difference, He doesn't say that now, Will do on keeping you posted, By the way Razor here is me racing my 87 grand national, He said he would say 1,000 before he took off

Damn dog!

This thead has been REAL QUITE............................ Heading to the track Sunday hopin for a NEW PB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the weather is PERFECT!!!!!

will keep you'll POSTED!!!!

Got the 10 sec. it run 10.97 at 126, Not bad for a street truck pump gas alky spray 5200 lb

Holy Smokes!! I need to log in more often.... Congratulations Murphster!! And everyone else.... alchoholics are flying! I'm back in the na world now .... Miss my turbos :)

Great JOB!!!!

That girl is heavy!!!!!

Hey John, long time no hear...... Glad ur still running something , keep in touch!!!

Hey jw ..your turbo is still going strong in murphs car
Holy Smokes!! I need to log in more often.... Congratulations Murphster!! And everyone else.... alchoholics are flying! I'm back in the na world now .... Miss my turbos :)

well your turbo is still spinning in murphs car , and he has a lot of room to crank it up

You miss working on the 2004R :D

this thread has been quiet .. lets wake it up !!
finally got the 87ttop GN to the track .
another one in the 9s
slipped back on launch and tps dropped to 21% ,3500 rpm ,5.6 psi at 9.3 af so 60' wasnt all it could be
1.475 ..
6.305 @ 111.76
9.829 @ 139.04

109 stock stroke 235 cube (+30) , 2 center mains , forged rotating asm, billet roller, GN1
th400 ,Dusty ptc 9.5 20, moser 9" 3.50 gears, 275/60 drag radial pro

review of the log..
20deg timing
af 10.6-10.8
injectors at 62-63%
alky 125 psi
air temp in intake 61 Deg F (held steady after 1st gear)
base fp 45 running FP 65
bat 14.2 (200amp powermaster ) no v-booster
shifted 1-2 5950, 2-3 5900 trapped 6050
running boost was only 20.6psi !!

Attachments

• 0507150909.jpg
    0507150909.jpg
    521.3 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
That was a good run, I have been trying to get my 87 to hook up better, It has so much weight on the front, When it picks the front up it just drops it and spins the slicks, The car is just to nice to take any weitght away or cut for bigger tires, I can just drive it to the track run 20-22 pounds of boost and run 10.40@131 and drive home with the ac on, The car only had 5,000 miles on it when I got it and a little over 10,000 now, I have just about had it with the tranny, Even running low boost it is lucky to make it through the year and I have every part in it you can get, Really thinking about a 4L65 and putting this 200 back if I ever want to put it back to stock but even then maybe not as that was the only thing that sucked on a 87 Grand National

better front shocks will help control the front rise and then drop
and bolting in the baseline upper relocation kit (from kevinS) will help correct the instant center helping the rear to apply force at the tires and also help control the car front end from wanting to go up at the same time. there is a ic plotter on the baseline suspension website.. http://www.baselinesuspensions.com/

and forget slicks the 275 mickey pro is so sticky its hard to believe what they can take on a hit and no twitchy wandering at top of track . murphster has been 1.33s with the baseline upper relocate and their lowers ,strange adjustable shocks and the 275 pros , they arent labeled for street use but they are DOT and guys have been reporting better wear than the old MT drag radials

Last edited:
The pro's are the BOMB!!!

Great times looks like the fastest number will be dropping SOON!!!

Keep us updated.....way to hot to go to the track, went 2 weeks ago an HOT!!!!!!!

My window has passed for now, just waiting for BG!!