Finally got some time.

I also fitted up the S-10 rear bar along with the stock one. Looks like it will work and it should behave just like the HR bar if I set everything up right.:cool: :smile:

Cool stuff dude
whats the year application on the s10 Bar?
i love this back yard/home made stuff

Well I won't be able to work on it again until Friday but the rear is out finally.:smile: Took the bolts out of the backing plates and had to use the torch to get one of them off and the right brake line didn't want to come off so I had to take the cylinder off with the line attached. Got the control arms out as well.

I've looked this car over so many times and the bushings look almost new and it still has the factory u-joints in it.:eek: The odometer has 47,000 on it and I'm begining to wonder if the car was owned by someone that didn't drive it much. I know it's on it's second engine from what I was told when I bought it but I really am begining to wonder if that's true or not.:confused:

Now the good thing is we had rain tonight but I got stuck at the shop waiting for it to go away. I know we got at least an inch but I think we had a little more from the water pooling at the shop.

Attachments

• DSCN0001.jpg
    DSCN0001.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 219
  • DSCN0002.jpg
    DSCN0002.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 210
  • DSCN0003.JPG
    DSCN0003.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 214
  • DSCN0004.JPG
    DSCN0004.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 206
  • DSCN0005.jpg
    DSCN0005.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 208
Well it had stock shocks and decent looking bushings so I'm just wondering if it's really a 47,000 mile car that was left to rot when someone died or the engine went south.

Keep it up Charlie, one day I will make it over to see the cars. I may be 74, but none the less.

Sorry I didn't call you back last night. As you can imagine it's a little stressful at my house right now.

DB

No problem Dan. I just called to check up on you and the family. Glad to know your mother is there to help you out. Now we just need to find you something to drive.:smile: I'm waiting to here when the babies arrive so I can send you a congrats.:biggrin:

I forgot to ask. Speedway has the upper and lower aftermarket control arms for the rear right now and I'm seriously thinking about them. At $118 plus shipping with no bushings sounds pretty decent but I know nothing about them.

Thanks Justin, the best is yet to come though. The more I look at it the more I doubt it'll be ready for Noble but that's what I'm shooting for at least. I get 2 days off back to back this weekend and I've got a timing belt to install Sunday for a little extra cash. Time will tell though.

Thanks Justin, the best is yet to come though. The more I look at it the more I doubt it'll be ready for Noble but that's what I'm shooting for at least. I get 2 days off back to back this weekend and I've got a timing belt to install Sunday for a little extra cash. Time will tell though.

i hope you make your time line. i cant wait to see it all finished.

Well I started at the back for a reason. I really didn't want the R83 ventalated trunk option if I had a choice.:biggrin: Starting from the back helps me think on what's next though, and allows me to learn how to do the most basic body skills that I need. The rest will come and I hope I don't find any suprises when I get under the middle of the car, but who knows. I've looked under the car from the back and can see some spots that worry me but I'm not going to sweat them until I get there. Hopefully I'm worng and my eyes were tired.:redface:

Well I started at the back for a reason. I really didn't want the R83 ventalated trunk option if I had a choice.:biggrin: Starting from the back helps me think on what's next though, and allows me to learn how to do the most basic body skills that I need. The rest will come and I hope I don't find any suprises when I get under the middle of the car, but who knows. I've looked under the car from the back and can see some spots that worry me but I'm not going to sweat them until I get there. Hopefully I'm worng and my eyes were tired.:redface:

and old according to the "other" thread :eek:

And how long will it take me to get your heads back to
you David?:eek::biggrin::tongue: JK

thats not nice
BTW i thought i was slow the guy that i am getting them from makes me look like a speedster.

you know who you are Get the heads ready.
Charlie check your email.

Just have him send them to me if you want David. I'll have them checked out but it will be extra though.

Well I got the discs off the Camaro tonight and started tearing the axle apart to put them on. One of the peculiar things I found with the Camaro rear is it has helical grears in it instead of spider gears. Kinda looks like a Thorsen but it's an open diff. You can now see the difference between the brake backing plate mount of a metric chasis versus some of the other GM products. Kinda screwy but it worked back then. The 4 bolt flange is a standard but for some reason GM went with a really weird set up.:confused:

Attachments

• DSCN0001.jpg
    DSCN0001.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 371
  • DSCN0002.jpg
    DSCN0002.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 367
  • DSCN0007.jpg
    DSCN0007.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 368
  • DSCN0004.JPG
    DSCN0004.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 365
  • DSCN0008.JPG
    DSCN0008.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 366
The good thing is that it's a posi but all that means is it's a pain to take the pinion shaft out and get the to the C clips.:mad: It took me almost an hour to fish the clips out but one of the seals is leaking so it needed to come out.

Now for a teaser for later.:biggrin: Here's a pic of an engine a friend gave me. It's a Series II blower motor. It sent a rod out the side of the block but all I really wanted is the heads and intake. As Aj has pointed out the biggest draw back to the factory system is the intake and not the heads. I now have what I need to fab up a Series II draw through system for a RWD block.:biggrin: I'm not doing it anytime soon but I at least have the parts to use for later. Quite a bit of fab and machine work but if the current design works well then I'll be trying to fab up one with the Series II heads and a very modified intake.:eek::biggrin:

Attachments

• DSCN0005.jpg
    DSCN0005.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 363
  • DSCN0009.jpg
    DSCN0009.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 368
  • DSCN0010.jpg
    DSCN0010.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 365
Well the drivers side is going to be butt joint but I may decide to go with a lap joint for the passenger side. I'll decide when I get there.
I agree but weld the panels its much nicer job . Thats the way I do my restoration and custum work lbutt welding is much nicer on the inside and out no comparison on quality after a little hammer and dolly work. It is harder and more irratating but we drive carbo turbos were used to it. Computer down for a while just got it back crashed after we last talked Charlie. any questions ask or call me. Mike P.S. got my car running great have some carb hat advice that worrks great.

The good thing is that it's a posi but all that means is it's a pain to take the pinion shaft out and get the to the C clips.:mad: It took me almost an hour to fish the clips out but one of the seals is leaking so it needed to come out. the a.

Now for a teaser for later.:biggrin: Here's a pic of an engine a friend gave me. It's a Series II blower motor. It sent a rod out the side of the block but all I really wanted is the heads and intake. As Aj has pointed out the biggest draw back to the factory system is the intake and not the heads. I now have what I need to fab up a Series II draw through system for a RWD block.:biggrin: I'm not doing it anytime soon but I at least have the parts to use for later. Quite a bit of fab and machine work but if the current design works well then I'll be trying to fab up one with the Series II heads and a very modified intake.:eek::biggrin:
Thats what my posi looks like what a pain to take apart. but a free 342posi is a good thing. Mike

I agree but weld the panels its much nicer job . Thats the way I do my restoration and custum work lbutt welding is much nicer on the inside and out no comparison on quality after a little hammer and dolly work. It is harder and more irratating but we drive carbo turbos were used to it. Computer down for a while just got it back crashed after we last talked Charlie. any questions ask or call me. Mike P.S. got my car running great have some carb hat advice that worrks great.

OMG! He is alive.:eek::biggrin: Welcome back Mike. Aj talked to me and said hi. Glad to see you back on again. I'm just trying to get the car on the road because the tranny in my DD is going out.:eek: As you can see the guys on here have been very helpful and I'm trying to show how to make their cars a little better to do more. I'll be (hopefully) doing the disc conversion tomorrow and then it's on to the suspension. I found tubular rears for $118 plus shipping but no bushings, but I also found out that the rears are worth at least $25 per arm to the dirt guys so it should be good in the end.:biggrin: