Fingerprint Gun lock box......Anybody use them

I never keep my gun locked up at night.... Right beside me in case things go bump. Time I wake up I ain't got time for fingerprinting;)

I never keep my gun locked up at night.... Right beside me in case things go bump. Time I wake up I ain't got time for fingerprinting;)

Tough call when you have a curious 9 year old running around all the time... What's the chances you get broken into vs. a kid killing himself with a unlocked loaded gun..... Again, tough call...

I always lived by that code as well, but with the wify having another baby coming along ( yes I am still looken for the SOB) she is requesting I make it a little more difficult to trip on them.....:biggrin::biggrin:

Tough call when you have a curious 9 year old running around all the time... What's the chances you get broken into vs. a kid killing himself with a unlocked loaded gun..... Again, tough call...

I DO have kids! During the day it is put "up." At night my kids know better than to come in and even think about touching it... Mine don't listen to everything I say by anymeans but I have drilled that home like fire is hot!!!

I always lived by that code as well, but with the wify having another baby coming along ( yes I am still looken for the SOB) she is requesting I make it a little more difficult to trip on them.....:biggrin::biggrin:

:biggrin:;)

These women just don't see things like us:tongue:

I DO have kids! During the day it is put "up." At night my kids know better than to come in and even think about touching it... Mine don't listen to everything I say by anymeans but I have drilled that home like fire is hot!!!

That's the way I was raised. If I wanted to look at a gun I could come get my dad and we'd look at it together.

But mine are unlocked and ready. My neice who stays with us operats under the same rules. I'll show her any gun we have but she understands never to touch them without an adult present.

Besides my guns are mostly black. Not pink so they hold little interest for her.

BIGDADDY said:
:biggrin:;)

These women just don't see things like us:tongue:

The big man speaks the truth..

So how do you get into the safe if your finger gets mangled somehow?

David
87GN

They have a back up key also.... and when i burnt my hand not real bad but still burnt in a house fire (volly fire fighter) I was still able to get my safe to work without much issue.

So how do you get into the safe if your finger gets mangled somehow?

David
87GN
Use the key.
The scanner is for quick access without fumbling for keys in case it's needed.
The key lock is for something extreme like you mention above.

Keep it where it's supposed to be, and you won't need a safe... :)
holster.jpg

left is 9, right is 11.. been shooting for 2yrs ea. Got a S&W .22 auto pistol, been training them on pistols for the last 5 months.

IMAG0019.jpg

If you don't hide it, and teach them what it's capable of and how to properly use it... they'll be fine. Granted, every kids different.. and you have to judge their ability on a case by case basis... but even if you just teach him how to use it, your chances of an accidental discharge go down drastically if he happened to handle it.

Anybody coming into my house has more than just me to worry about :eek:

FWIW.. I know a couple of people with those safes, and they all say they're flawless. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if I needed it.

Good Luck.

It wouldn't take you any more time to place ur thumb on the sensor to open the box then it would to reach under ur bed. They work fine and would recommend them to anyone. Kids or no kids in the house makes no difference imo.

If a burglar breaks into ur house he's gonna have a hell of a time stealing ur gun if it's in a locked box as long as its secured to something solid that cannot be removed and carried out of the home.

left is 9, right is 11.. been shooting for 2yrs ea. Got a S&W .22 auto pistol, been training them on pistols for the last 5 months.

IMAG0019.jpg

Have you tried the M&P 22's yet? Kick Brass they call them:D What a blast to shoot. Me and both my kids have enjoyed these things sooo much!

Have you tried the M&P 22's yet? Kick Brass they call them:D What a blast to shoot. Me and both my kids have enjoyed these things sooo much!

No.. heard good things about them tho. My gun budget is gone for another year yet.. LOL. they do good with their .22 rifles ( marlin and Mossberg), plus the AK keeps them occupied.

They liked the MP4 there, but it was my Dads.. I was only "holding" it for him for a bit:tongue: What a nice gun that is.

My oldest liked the GSG .22 MP5 clone, but I got the Century 223 for the same price. We already had enough cheap shooters!;)

You guys have it right. The safe is really only for when there isn't an adult present if you teach your kids respect from the start. They get a big kick outa shootin up and exploding the veggies that the stinkin deer take a bite outa! Great training that shows the power being held pretty explicitly. I'll stick with my old keys and tumbler safe's but it's nice to hear that the fingerprinter's work well too.

Gun Vault here. Very secure and can have access in about two or three seconds. Even in the dark.