fire system

Duke

All these high dollar mods. and I rarely hear any word about fire systems to protect our cost. So my Question is what is the best fire suppression system any of you have used or any pros or cons on the subject?

Pegasus Racing sells the OMP fire system. It allows you to route the lines wherever you want. There is a master ECU and two triggers. One for the driver and one for the emergency steward at the track.

They are affordable and work very well. I have dealt with plenty of them going off, saving driver and car.

They absolutely suck to clean up. Once water hits it, it turns into Studio54 foam party.

Costs about $300 to refill the bottle annually to comply with most racing regulations.

Pegasus Racing sells the OMP fire system. It allows you to route the lines wherever you want. There is a master ECU and two triggers. One for the driver and one for the emergency steward at the track.

They are affordable and work very well. I have dealt with plenty of them going off, saving driver and car.

They absolutely suck to clean up. Once water hits it, it turns into Studio54 foam party.

Costs about $300 to refill the bottle annually to comply with most racing regulations.

Sounds interesting Dan but can you define affordable please.:biggrin:

af·ford·a·ble (-fôrd-bl, -fr-)
adj.
That can be afforded: affordable housing; an affordable risk.
af·forda·bili·ty n.
af·forda·bly adv.

bout $2K

haha above post .

I would think a homemade kit woulod be easy to come up with, few lines,spray nozzles, tank to spray either manual or fire sensor of some type. maybe a line into the fuel take itself to neutralize the fuel or what have you.

just ramble on here.

af·ford·a·ble (-fôrd-bl, -fr-)
adj.
That can be afforded: affordable housing; an affordable risk.
af·forda·bili·ty n.
af·forda·bly adv.

bout $2K

LOL Thanks Dan. I'll get you back later bud. Gotta get into the shop and do some more welding on the fenders now.:smile:

I thought about this subject myself.
After witnessing a car burn to the ground (literally) this past sunday at the end of the track.:eek:

Purchase price appears to be well under $1,000, depending on size of the tank and the degree of sophistication of trigger. I take it this can be installed by owner? The company is located about 45 minutes from my office!
Conrad

I used a Firebottle system in my Mustang. Easy enough to setup. Thankfully, I dont have any proof of how well it works! Go with a 10# system. One nozzle in the engine compartment and one in the drivers compartment.

I had an engine bay fire in my turbo C5 some years back. Talk about feeling helpless. :(

i have a 10 lb safecraft halon system and had to use it last weekend.......my car caught on fire @ 180 mph it worked flawlessly and did very minor damage. highly recomended!!!!! they have 3 ports i have 2 in the engine compartment and 1 in the drivers compartment.