first 10 second pass!!

Razor this is pump gas alky. The knock I'm not sure about, every time I turned up the alky to take care of the knock, it knocked a bit more, my car had never liked a large amount, but I didn't get a chance to run with it backed down to 6 or so from the 7 I had it turned up to.

I only mentioned as I didnt see it in your sig. Maybe it had too much alky.. knock wasnt enough to be of any detriment.

About the only issue I saw with the log was your TPS.

Why is he going to have grief with the TPS and a 2004R ??

Transmission line pressure is regulated by TPS. When you modulate(John Force) the gas pedal.. your tranny line pressure fluctuates(down) and now its having to shift with less pressure applied to the clutches.

Kinda like reving an engine on a stick shift car to 5000 and lifting the clutch pedal up slowly.. you smoke the clutch.

Look at the size of clutches inside a 2004r or pretty much any automatic tranny and they are very small in size. So high boost/high torque.. low TV/low TPS=smoked tranny.

Do this.. disconnect the TV cable and do a high boost WOT blast.. your tranny will be junk instantly.

I built the transmission mine is at full tv pretty low in the tps readings. It should be ok, but the theory you mentioned is correct and without proper calibration it can cause problems.

JD,
If the wideband is reading erratically, it may need a new sensor, or maybe there is a ground problem.

Eric

Eric I believe it may have to do with the sensors warm
Up period for the first 30 secs and not giving it enough time to start sending the proper signal to the powerlogger, especially since I had it turned off in the staging lanes

J D: Congratulations on breaking into the 10's. I'll join you at Noble if my PTC convertor gets here in time.

Please keep the car healthy and have a safe trip to Noble; we need you next Saturday.

Phil Engle

J D: Congratulations on breaking into the 10's. I'll join you at Noble if my PTC convertor gets here in time.

Please keep the car healthy and have a safe trip to Noble; we need you next Saturday.

Phil Engle

Thanks Phil, unfortunately we will be down 1 car this year, but I will be working feverishly to get the motor back in my dads 86 so we have two there at least. He popped both Hgs a couple weeks ago

I built the transmission mine is at full tv pretty low in the tps readings. It should be ok, but the theory you mentioned is correct and without proper calibration it can cause problems.

Mine was built the same.. takes someone whose been there done that to get the tranny squared away correctly.

Yup on the WB.. suprissed you dont have it going to +12 ignition all the time.

Mine was built the same.. takes someone whose been there done that to get the tranny squared away correctly.

Yup on the WB.. suprissed you dont have it going to +12 ignition all the time.

Hmm it is 12v ign all the time, I just didn't want to be heat soaked during the pass so I had the car off until it was time to do the burnout. No matter what if I turn it off it goes through a warm up process/calibration for 20-30 seconds or so

No the sensor needs 12 v for its heater to warm it up.. once warm it doesnt matter. So if your ign is on.. sensor should have +12. There is no heat soaking. Actually more detrimental not having it "ON" as it can foul easier.

Same case with heated O2's.. so they wont foul with leaded gas.. as easy.

No the sensor needs 12 v for its heater to warm it up.. once warm it doesnt matter. So if your ign is on.. sensor should have +12. There is no heat soaking. Actually more detrimental not having it "ON" as it can foul easier.

Same case with heated O2's.. so they wont foul with leaded gas.. as easy.

I meant the car being heat soaked not the sensor. The WB is setup just like any others, it comes on with the ignition but the Zietronix has a quick warm-up period every time you fire up the car. It was warm and the lines were taking a while so i just pushed it till it was my turn. Ill have more runs this weekend in oklahoma hopefully with cooler drier air. Ill find a way to get the mph up to 127-8 like it should