first 11's!!

turborambler

I went and ran my car after getting some consultation from Pudd'n power on the phone. I had some kind of a electrical problem causing the car to stumble at mid throttle. Pudd'n told me some things to try and while testing stuff I did not have the coil pack base grounded. This caused the car not to start so I figured hmmm might help if i clean the paint off the coil bracket and get a good ground. Did this and it ran great sooooo

I go to the track tonight with my new turbo 400 manual valve body tranny to test it. The best run of the night was a 11.34 ET at 118 mph and 16 lbs boost with a 1.61 60'. I had to take a double take on the time slip! I was like no way!. Sweeeet...
I had ran a 11.54 and a 11.40 before that. I did all this without a tach - I was guessing where to shift - I will add the tach this week and go at it again.

RossJ

68 rambler - 3.8 Turbo
PT51, 55lbs inj, CAS IC
Pudd'n Power!

That is a nice looking ride. It looks bad news, especially from the rear. You have put a lot of work and money into it and it shows.

thanks man

Thanks for the comments - brought a tear to my eyes... : )

I think all I need to run a 10 is some doors from a certain white T type driven by a bearded fella.....

RossJ

Re: some pics of Rambler

Originally posted by turborambler
Here some quick pics I have:

http://www.ronansys.com/rambler1.htm

I plan on getting some classic car plates on it soon so I can drive it around.
I like the car. Is there a model name? I grew up with Rambler cars in our family...Matador, Hornet, and I think a 59 that my grandpa fixed up. The 59 had the push button transmission. How much does your car weigh? The Hornet we had seemed real light and had the Jeep 258 straight 6 in it. I suppose that could have been a good 3.8 turbo transplant car.

It is a Rambler American 440 - it had a 232 straight six in it.

It weighs 3080 lbs with me in it and full tank of gas.

Ross,
Glad your baby is running good, nothing beats good advise from the doctor, doctor puddn that is!
take care and stay in touch,
EJ.

Would this be called a race car now that it's so fast ?

Older Bro, with the stock silver T-type.

Nawww

No the old girl is just a little grocery getter with some nice rust spots.

She would not want to tangle with the "Silver Bullet" T or the Orange Rocket 69 Camaro.
Thems carahs jist way toooo fast for this ol boy.....shooooweeeee...

hehe : )